Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Zelanie

Interesting info, Marjorie!  It's interesting that the hip that's been bothering me is on the other side from the foot where I had PF last year.

I did order myself these beasties today:

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So, after 4 1/2 years of running, I thought maybe it was time to attempt some real speed work other than progression runs and MP runs.  Since it was my first time, I ended up doing 6 x 400 intervals at between 5k and 10k pace on the treadmill as it was 2 degrees here with snow.  I didn't hate it and speeding up and slowing down actually made the treadmill suck less.  With warm up and cool down it was a total of 6 miles.

That's a good intro to intervals. What was your recovery time between? You should be working toward it being about the same time as it took you to run the 400s or about half the distance, i.e. 200m.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

workinprogress11

That's a good intro to intervals. What was your recovery time between? You should be working toward it being about the same time as it took you to run the 400s or about half the distance, i.e. 200m.

Thanks for the encouragement!  I did 400m recovery in between but will work toward shortening that and doing more of them next time.