Beginners and Beyond

Pie Friday Penguins! (Read 18 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 miles, 4 outside and 1 on the TM.  Zel, We are going to see Whiplash today.  We did see Birdman a few weeks ago.  It okay and the acting was good.  Just didn't like the story or Michael Keaton's character.  Probably my least favorite of the Best Picture nominees.  Critics sure liked it.

on my way to badass

Mmmmm- pie. 5 done on the TM.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

tracilynn

I once ate a whole pecan pie, sat down with a fork and are the whole thing. I was pregnant.

4.2 rainy trail miles done.

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Central Washington University, in Ellensburg.

They have a pretty decent Athletics program too, if you have any athletes in the family.   Football team is not bad, either.    Gail is from Washington State, so roots for the Washington State teams.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Traci: Good job on the miles. Are the trails close to home? We have some trails but we have to drive to them, which I don't like.  As far as your HM training, don't worry if you can't stick to that plan. Just try to get at least four runs every week; one LR, one speed workout (intervals or tempo run) and two easy runs. If you can manage another day, make it an easy day.

tracilynn

Yes, the trails are half-mile down the street from me. They are not super technical or difficult though but they are pretty  and I get to see deer, owls, Hawks  and coyote poop.  I am starting your half marathon plan next week. Trying to figure out which days to do the runs.   I hope my brittle shins don't crumble.

~~~~~~~

Traci

GinnyinPA

I did a trail run yesterday at one of my favorite places to run trails:  Red Top Mountain State Park, in Georgia.  I was there a few years ago the weekend of a 9 mile trail race, and was able to run part of the course the day before the race.  I wanted to sign up to run it, but was told the race fills up really fast so I couldn't join in on race day. I had to make do with a five mile run and another hike in the park.  I ran the rest of the race loop yesterday and it was as nice as I remember - smooth old woods roads above a reservoir through pine woods.  So very different from steep and rocky Pennsylvania.

We're heading home, after a month on the road.  Neither of us is ready to deal with the cold, and we're heading into a snowstorm. Our timing worked out badly.  We haven't had internet so didn't realize that snow is forecast for most of the east coast.  Oh well.  We had rain all day today, but called it early before we reached the sleet and snow.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Yes, the trails are half-mile down the street from me. They are not super technical or difficult though but they are pretty  and I get to see deer, owls, Hawks  and coyote poop.  I am starting your half marathon plan next week. Trying to figure out which days to do the runs.   I hope my brittle shins don't crumble.

Our nearby trails are bridle paths.   They are also pretty, and we get to see horse poop.