Beginners and Beyond

Working Tuesday Dailies (Read 25 times)

Ten thousand dollars for that fucking thing.

Holy shit, for that much you could almost get a bike.

Dave

Cyberic

Holy shit, for that much you could almost get a bike.

Yeah, maybe without wheels...

Docket_Rocket

For Baltimore, MedStar Health handles the med tents. I wonder about the PR of backing out. Would one of the other major systems jump in to keep the event on? MedStar has a pretty good sports medicine program, so they may be worried about pissing off 20,000 runners.

I think PR might be better if they say no (case in point):

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Oregon Health and Science University will no longer be sponsoring the 2021 Portland Marathon.

OHSU made the decision to pull its sponsorship due to concerns over the current COVID-19 surge. In a statement, the hospital cited just how full its ICU wings have been this summer — and how exhausted staff has become fighting that influx of patients.

Although they will not be sponsoring the event, OHSU recognized participating in the marathon is a personal decision.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

^LOL I just came here to post this. Tough to beat out DR on these announcments, not sure how Baboon managed it.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

^LOL I just came here to post this. Tough to beat out DR on these announcments, not sure how Baboon managed it.

LOL. I might have been at a meeting for my special project when he did. I do work every so often. Wink

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

I think PR might be better if they say no (case in point):

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Oregon Health and Science University will no longer be sponsoring the 2021 Portland Marathon.

OHSU made the decision to pull its sponsorship due to concerns over the current COVID-19 surge. In a statement, the hospital cited just how full its ICU wings have been this summer — and how exhausted staff has become fighting that influx of patients.

Although they will not be sponsoring the event, OHSU recognized participating in the marathon is a personal decision.

It seems like a lot of the usual hospital charity teams backed out of Baltimore. Looks like the only one is Shock Trauma and they probably don't deal with covid much (unless the gun shot, car accident, etc also is covid +).

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Not surprised.

They just held an Olympics! 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

They just held an Olympics! 

That's what fucked them up.

Damaris

Fundraising Page