Beginners and Beyond

Soggy ThursDailies (Read 38 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I've been wearing these stupid glasses for about a month now, and I am amazed at how fingerprints, water marks, food and other random smudges just appear on the lenses seemingly out of thin air. It's as if someone is doing it intentionally except, I don't take them off, so I'm doing it somehow. 

I wonder if all that shit was flying into your eyes before??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.4 miles this morning, with part of the route going through one of our better parks, Brackenridge Park.  San Antonio weather at 6 a.m. was a 'cool' 74 degrees, and the humidity was lower than usual for this time of year.  Felt pretty good out there.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hello!  2200 yard swim done before work.  Bike ride later.  My legs are feeling last night's tempo run.

I am sure there have been worse five month stretches for weather in my lifetime, but this is getting depressing.  We've had so few days that have been nice, and I've never had so many runs in the rain as I've had lately, nor have I had so many cold bike rides.  Fortunately for my duathlon Saturday, it will be both cold and raining.   

Sorry about all your rain.  Send it our way..........here in San Antonio, we badly need some rain..we have not gotten nearly enough to help keep our aquifer going strong through our hot summer months.

The high temps for all this week are in the 90s...and we are not even to June yet.  May is usually one of our nicer months before our really hot summer weather starts coming in.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Sorry about all your rain.  Send it our way..........here in San Antonio, we badly need some rain..we have not gotten nearly enough to help keep our aquifer going strong through our hot summer months.

Come help yourself.  We may not see the sun here in NJ until Monday.  I had a short, dreary 4 mile run in more humidity than I'm used to yet (in a couple of months I'll wish for this).  But, I always say even a mediocre run is better than not going out at all.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Docket_Rocket

I am definitely not seeing the sun during my marathon. Rain and windy at 99%. Lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Come help yourself.  We may not see the sun here in NJ until Monday.  

Maryland will also gladly give you some rain. If you can route it away from Frederick, they'd be thrilled. 6 inches of rain in one hour doesn't end well and there's been plenty more on top of it.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I am definitely not seeing the sun during my marathon. Rain and windy at 99%. Lol.

Only 99%?  So there is a chance!   Enjoy the time there.  Never been to that island before.  Looking forward to the report.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours