Beginners and Beyond

Motatory Monday Penguins (Read 27 times)

SheCan

I feel like I'm motatory, but in reality, I'm probably not.

Good morning and afternoon, Penguins!

Scotty-- great job on the races!

Gus--   I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with your foot.  You really were putting in some tough runs, and heavy miles for a while.  And now this... Ugh.  Well, we've seen you come back from injury before.  Hopefully you can find out what going on with it soon.  I'd hate for you to keep pushing through and make it worse and worse.

Hey Jerry!

Docket-- are you doing another Marathon this coming weekend?

Jimmy-- awesome hill miles yesterday!  Have fun at the gym today.

kristin-- that was a busy first week back to running!  You've probably lost very little fitness in the process.  Are you already looking towards races?

Bin-- So nice having the week off!  Enjoy the time with your family.  Yikes @ there being a fire in the building.  I'm so glad you all are safe

now.

Zelanie-- yay@ winning the gift card!  That's nice.  Have fun with DD for her birthday!

HsMom-- What a enjoyable evening you have ahead of you!  Have fun!

Ginny-- 30* can feel really cold especially when the wind blows.  Hope you stay warm if you decide to go out and run.

I did 8-1/2 really super slow miles.  Keep getting distracted and talking to my neighbors along the way.  It was nice and enjoyable though.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Singer who runs a smidge

I discovered it was 60 degrees outside, so I went for a walk!  (Need that dancing banana emoticon ...)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

WTG, HopesMom!

Gosh that little dancing banana makes me happy!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gustav, you might ask your doc to check your  foot for a thing called "Morton's Syndrome."    Good luck with the foot!

Yeah, I saw your crazy Chicago weather on the Weather Channel, Jerry.  Stay warm and safe!

Dang, Damaris, I wish I had 80s all week!  Hope you feel better!

Congrats on your hill work, Jimmy.  Hope your calf feels better!

Your subconscious was telling you not to sign up for the spin class, Kristin, your body and mind knew you needed a full rest day!

Enjoy that week off, Bin!  Love the Asian New Year!  There is a big festival for it right here in San Antonio.   Year of the Horse was the year I was born...way back in.....well...WAAAY back, lol.

Happy birthday to your DD, Zelanie!  Nice win on the gift card!

What do you mean 'get your sparkle on', HsM?  You ALWAYS sparkle!   Happy chorus-ing!

Snow in Houston..I hope not, Ginny.  If that happens, expect about 2,000+ traffic accidents!  Heck, it's not like I have not driven in snow before, but I've been in South Texas so long now, I don't think I could drive in snow today.  Not safely, anyway!    Good luck with your run today!   It will be 46 or so here, but with a cold 'feels like' temp, but I'm still going outside.  Our crazy weather..look at this nutty forecast....in a few days we'll be warm again!  Dang Mother Nature...hot/cold, hot/cold, hot/cold...we can't get adjusted!

So sorry about the ITBS, SO42!  Hope you are able to do your half.  Worse comes to worse, you can always use my run/walk/photo break method, carry your camera with you, do run/walk, take photos during the walk breaks, and just do the event 'relaxed' for you.  Probably be a personal worst for you as far as finish time, but hey, at least you're out there.   Whatever you decide, good luck!

Congrats on your 8 miles, Cherie!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

SO42, I hope you get some relief before the half.

Scotty, we are getting hammered here with the crazy temps too!

Damaris, I hope you start to feel better soon, it sucks being sick.

Zel, my younger brother has a birthday today too. Happy Birthday to your DD!

Day 1 of the RH plan went well. 6.78 miles, 6x800's near 8:00 ish with 1/4 mile recoveries. Felt good to push a little.

Bin Running

In the year of the horse, we run more. Hee

Should have a little more time to run theses few days but will be busy stuffing myself come Friday.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

SheCan- I am not even considering the possibility of trying to "race" anything this spring. Probably need to shelve the idea of a PR at any distance til the fall. I will run in races...but I will not race them.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, it was a cold that turned into severe asthma.  Today, the chest is 10% congested.

Did 7 with 2 @ MP.  I only coughed 10 seconds per stop slight instead of 3 minutes like last week (every time I stopped).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I feel like I'm motatory, but in reality, I'm probably not.

Good morning and afternoon, Penguins!

Scotty-- great job on the races!

Gus--   I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with your foot.  You really were putting in some tough runs, and heavy miles for a while.  And now this... Ugh.  Well, we've seen you come back from injury before.  Hopefully you can find out what going on with it soon.  I'd hate for you to keep pushing through and make it worse and worse.

Hey Jerry!

Docket-- are you doing another Marathon this coming weekend?

Jimmy-- awesome hill miles yesterday!  Have fun at the gym today.

kristin-- that was a busy first week back to running!  You've probably lost very little fitness in the process.  Are you already looking towards races?

Bin-- So nice having the week off!  Enjoy the time with your family.  Yikes @ there being a fire in the building.  I'm so glad you all are safe

now.

Zelanie-- yay@ winning the gift card!  That's nice.  Have fun with DD for her birthday!

HsMom-- What a enjoyable evening you have ahead of you!  Have fun!

Ginny-- 30* can feel really cold especially when the wind blows.  Hope you stay warm if you decide to go out and run.

I did 8-1/2 really super slow miles.  Keep getting distracted and talking to my neighbors along the way.  It was nice and enjoyable though.

Yes.  This should've been my third for the year but since I was sick the second one never happened.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oh, the order I spent 3 days (weekend) writing was actually entered by the court, so I won my trial, yay.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh, the order I spent 3 days (weekend) writing was actually entered by the court, so I won my trial, yay.

YAY congrats!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to