Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #252 (Read 27 times)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, welcome back, TakeAHike!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

My understanding is that the streak comes above all else!

TakeAHike

Hi, welcome back, TakeAHike!

Thanks Damaris!

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

My understanding is you want to check the AQI (air quality index). Obviously, if you feel it bothering you, then don't run. But numbers >150 can cause damage to your lungs (small particulates = bad, even if you aren't coughing, etc) . Also realize that doesn't mean 149 is good but 150 is bad. And the number is lower for people with breathing issues.

This data is actually kind of hard to find. There's a pretty detailed site called purpleair.com. Based on this, it looks like at 6:10 AM when I went out, the AQI was 202. Not good?   Good thing I didn't go out earlier; at 5:00 AM it was 288. Right now it's dropped to 133. I guess we'll see what it looks like tomorrow. But according to The Weather Channel, AQI is 39. Weather Underground says the same thing. Weird.

Dave

delicate flower

Hi folks, I hope all are well. 

Nice to see you here, TakeAHike!

<3

onemile

Yesterday I ran 4 and it was probably the most miserable run I have ever done. After over 20 hours of driving and only about 2 hours of sleep at a rest stop in Iowa, I guess it was dumb of me to try.

This afternoon I ran 6 with URP and it was 1000x better

Yesterday I ran 4 and it was probably the most miserable run I have ever done. After over 20 hours of driving and only about 2 hours of sleep at a rest stop in Iowa, I guess it was dumb of me to try.

But you have that compulsion!
                For me the driving would have been a much, much bigger factor than the lack of sleep. So much stiffness. My body seems to be pretty acclimated to running on shit sleep.

Dave

onemile

But you have that compulsion!
                  For me the driving would have been a much, much bigger factor than the lack of sleep. So much stiffness. My body seems to be pretty acclimated to running on shit sleep.

Yeah I think you're right. It was mostly the extreme stiffness and pain in my lower back and hips. Energy wise was fine

sdWhiskers

Anyone here ever use an Elliptigo? My coach uses one regularly and fell off of it last week, broke her elbow. Be careful out there!

Anyone here ever use an Elliptigo? My coach uses one regularly and fell off of it last week, broke her elbow. Be careful out there!

Those things may be a good workout and a lot of fun, but man they look ridiculous. And apparently are dangerous.

Dave

LRB

Oski The Moski used to ride one of those. I saw one while out running once but that's about as close as I've come to one.

onemile

My coach also uses one and so did my former coach Addie

sdWhiskers

Those things may be a good workout and a lot of fun, but man they look ridiculous. And apparently are dangerous.

Yes, absolutely!

It has allowed her to stay fit and uninjured during multiple training cycles...until now, obviously