Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

My commute is about 20 miles. Some days it might be quicker to run than drive it.

Did I forget to post today?
    Ran 11 miles with 6 tempo. Not quite as fast or as consistent as I would like, but it was what I could do. It was 29 with 21 windchill; nice compared to what some of you are getting, but maybe not optimum for speed.

Dave

Cyberic

I ended up with 15490 on that stupid tracker. 9.1 and 2631 are some other numbers from it, but I don't really know what any of it means. lol

Probably useless anyways.

onemile

I ran 8 with 4x5 min on, 2 min off. The "on" was supposed to be MP or a little faster, the "off" was supposed to be a "quick recovery pace"

On the treadmill due to freezing rain

Zelanie

My son sent me a few pics from Portland.  He has a foot in his driveway, and you can't tell what kind of car is parked at the curb.  He says it's the biggest single snow event since 1980.    Im so glad it's on his side of the map, far away from mine.

That much snow is so fun. It snowed almost  two feet here 3 years ago and the dogs had to tunnel through it. When I first moved to Portland in 1993 I thought I remembered that we had a big snowfall, but it must have been less than today's.

I took both dogs on my run. Zoe did great, so we'll see how she does tonight.

LRB

I took both dogs on my run. Zoe did great, so we'll see how she does tonight.

Good news.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. My commute is probably 10 miles straightest route. Net downhill to work. Uphill home. Oh, and east Baltimore. Can't run fast enough for that. I wanted to do a 5 mile race Saturday, we're getting the freezing crap then, so highly doubt it.

Zelanie, good news about Zoe.

Runshortii

Will get in some miles on the treadmill after work. I hear it's an ice rink out there so probably treadmill tomorrow too 

Zelanie

Zoe is definitely limpy but putting some weight on the leg.

Docket_Rocket

Ran 5 with 2 at MP on the TM as per massage therapist instructions not to run outside today and keep it very leveled.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I ran 8 with 4x5 min on, 2 min off. The "on" was supposed to be MP or a little faster, the "off" was supposed to be a "quick recovery pace"

On the treadmill due to freezing rain

Not much variety 

onemile

Not much variety 

The variety is that I haven't had this specific workout before.

No more marathons

Since my foot pod is kaput, and I'll get my new one Friday or early next week, either I run by GPS or by accelerometer. Today the GPS won.

Got mine working.  When I replaced the battery I didn't realize there was an insert that needed to go with the battery.  I mistook it for part of the wrapping from the new one and tossed it in the trash. When I did a google search on what might be wrong I figured it out.  DW and I went through the kitchen trash and found the missing piece.

4 easy miles at noon today.  Tomorrow is another speed workout.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

Got mine working.  When I replaced the battery I didn't realize there was an insert that needed to go with the battery.  I mistook it for part of the wrapping from the new one and tossed it in the trash. When I did a google search on what might be wrong I figured it out.  DW and I went through the kitchen trash and found the missing piece.

4 easy miles at noon today.  Tomorrow is another speed workout.

In the foot pod you mean?