Beginners and Beyond

Labor Pain Race - Coping With Adversity (RR) (Read 69 times)

delicate flower

Great job, George!  Sheesh, how steep was that final hill that you had to use your hands and arms to help get up it?

I'm a pretty calm guy but I get pretty weird about being late.  I'd have been very unpleasant to be around if I was lost and late getting to the event.

<3

B-Plus

Way to persevere WC! Heck, I don't think I would have even bothered to start the race if that happened to me.

Way to go, George!

Great that you were able to stay positive and still race well even after the late start.  That sort of attitude should help you go far at NC24, good luck.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Thanks all. As you've all confirmed, there were a lot of good lessons in persevering that should stand me in good stead at NC 24. I had to keep reminding myself of what my goal was and what I needed to reach it, not worry about my pace or place. I walked when it seemed the right strategy and jogged or ran when I could. I lingered at the aid stations only as long as needed to drink and eat as much as I could handle. There's still a lot of work to do in that area.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.