Beginners and Beyond

Moistened MONDAILIES (Read 44 times)

happylily

Lauren, I'm so sorry, but you will be doing the right thing for her. I once had a cat that had cancer. Because I was selfish, and lacked courage in a sense, I kept her alive to the very end. I couldn't say goodbye, couldn't let go of her. She suffered a lot uselessly and took her last breath in a corner of my bathroom, alone, while I was at work. I feel so guilty now... I could do nothing to relieve her pain and I did not help her escape it. Sorry to be such a downer, but I don't want you to have regrets like I do today. When you love someone, a person or an animal, you have to love them enough to let them go if that's what they need. You will be a loving friend to her by offering her mercy, as hard as it sounds.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I don't belong to a gym, but have heard/read the stories of people using the dryers for parts other than hands. We only have paper towels at my work, but I assume some places actually have the dryers.

Yeah I would just get dressed and air dry while walking FFS. lol

From the Internet.

Lauren, I'm so sorry, but you will be doing the right thing for her. I once had a cat that had cancer. Because I was selfish, and lacked courage in a sense, I kept her alive to the very end. I couldn't say goodbye, couldn't let go of her. She suffered a lot uselessly and took her last breath in a corner of my bathroom, alone, while I was at work. I feel so guilty now... I could do nothing to relieve her pain and I did not help her escape it. Sorry to be such a downer, but I don't want you to have regrets like I do today. When you love someone, a person or an animal, you have to love them enough to let them go if that's what they need. You will be a loving friend to her by offering her mercy, as hard as it sounds.

Thank you for sharing that. I called my mom as soon as I hung up with the vet and she said the same thing. I feel pretty confident that I don't want to prolong her suffering just so I can spend more time with her, but I am so, so sad that I don't know how much time we have left. I'm going to be right there holding her paw when she goes, which gives me a little comfort.

StepbyStep-SH

((Lauren))

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am very sorry, Lauren. Hugs.

Damaris

Cyberic

Cyberic, you could always use the office hand dryer if you have one. 

lol, yeah, another possibility. I'll just bring a towel, so simple.