Beginners and Beyond

Just Another Manic Monday Penguins (Read 33 times)

Dad on the run.

Mitch - Happy Aniversary

Traci - hope your kids get to feeling better

AFM - Work has been pretty busy. Our Service Point lead is quiting with a one week notice, our other SP staff is out on vacation this week and next which leaves me by myself next week and there is still a lot for me to learn. On a good note though, it permanently gets me out of Control Room and on a Mon - Fri day shift job.

Going to shoot for 5 or 6 tonight depending on how I feel. The run yesterday was absolutely terrible and I blame a lot of it on the Shaved Ice my wife insisted we go get before I ran :/

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Zelanie

Ginny, do you take your gels with at least 8oz of water? I hear that you are likely to get cramps without.

I forgot to mention earlier that I like sports beans for counting intervals.  For "regular" use I find them too sweet, which is saying something since I have a major sweet tooth.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Mitch is inspiring in so many ways.  I really enjoyed seeing the pictures on FB.

AFM - I got my progression run in.  I did 11.17 miles with 3 @ HMP +90 seconds, 3 @ +60 seconds, 2 @ gmp and the final 3 at half marathon pace.  The foot didn't give me any trouble, and I was paying close attention to it.  I had already shaved down the callus, moisturized and then put some vaseline on it before I put my sock on inside out.  Something in there helped...lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

Just got back from my 5 miler! I wanted to do 6 but I got a late start as I couldn't find my damn socks! Apparently one of my tech shirts ate them and I didn't think to look inside my shirts...

Anyways ran went well, first 4 miles was negative spit and the 5th mile was 10 seconds slower than mile 4 so all in all a good run I feel like. I feel a lot slower than before I got injured but I suppose the 10lbs I have put on plus the not running in like 2 months has a lot to do with that. If the 2 sec per lb is really true I should be back to where I was once I lose the weight again.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, do you take your gels with at least 8oz of water? I hear that you are likely to get cramps without.

I forgot to mention earlier that I like sports beans for counting intervals.  For "regular" use I find them too sweet, which is saying something since I have a major sweet tooth.

With 8oz of water?  That sounds a bit excessive.  I would say 1-2 oz is what one can do without filling the stomach.

I only take them with a sip of water and sometimes it takes me 2 miles after the gel to reach a water fountain.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

OK, admittedly I only drink 6 oz. with a gel.  But I do drink 6 oz.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh wow, that's definitely more than I had. I took a sip, had half the GU, took a sip, hadthe other half, took maybe 2 more sips and carried on my way.

OK, admittedly I only drink 6 oz. with a gel.  But I do drink 6 oz.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Something about concentrated sugar on an empty stomach is supposed to be bad.