Beginners and Beyond

My Christmas present???? (Read 534 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

RUNNING IN SNOW ON CHRISTMAS MORNING, WHAT!?!?!?

The forecast says 6-10" and I am so excited to get to run in it on Tuesday before my kids come home and we spend the rest of the day in our jammies eating pancakes and watching movies. Smile

If Mother Nature is lying about the snow, I'm gonna be really upset. I can't wait to hear it crunching under my feet while I run. I'm sure I'll bust my ass at least once or twice, but it'll be worth it just for the novelty of it all.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, folks!!!

Chairman

If I never need to run on snow again, it will be fine by me.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

It's novel for me....I'm sure I'd get sick of it eventually Smile

It's novel for me....I'm sure I'd get sick of it eventually Smile

We are going to drive 4 hours each way to go see snow. It makes the wide happy.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Just B.S.

Hope you enjoy.

I love to look at snow on TV and out my window.

It's already snowed here 3-4 times with a major storm last week and no power for 6 hours.

Would probably make it easier if I knew it was a novelty and didn't  have another 3-4 months

of snow running left.

Will run for scenery.

I'd be good with the pancakes and jammies.  But I know how awesome snow can be at xmastime.  We (CoSpgs) have 30% chance for Tuesday.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Sloooow.

Running in the snow does sound like fun. I haven't seen snow in nearly 6 years. Christmas Day here is going to be 73F lol.

If we received 6" - 10" of snow on Christmas Day, my kids even though they are in high school and college would be ecstatic!  Of course, we live in metro Atlanta so it would be a Christmas miracle.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Karen M

Christmas eve will be nice here (swapped today's long run for tomorrow), but the forecast is for rain to be back for Christmas day. This is Oregon...

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

RSX

We are looking at an inch maybe tomorrow. If it happens that will be the biggest storm in my town so far.

not lazy, just tired

We may get a couple of inches of snow tonight. We're skiing early tomorrow morn, then home to eat pancakes and open presents.

Not if it makes sense.

flarunner

I loved running in snow when it was the brand new stuff. After a day or two, not so much. I'm really thankful that I don't have that any more though.

Flipster, I hope you get a good covering of the white stuff for a great Christmas run!

Little Blue

Flippy, I'm right there with ya.  A couple of years ago we had a good snow storm and I ran in it.  I was so amused that I took a picture of my running shoes all globbed up with snow.  I hope after it snows where you are, the sun is out and it's all sparkly.  But wear your sunglasses!  Enjoy your hard-to-find Christmas present.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

We are going to drive 4 hours each way to go see snow. It makes the wide happy.

What doesn't make the "wide" happy is your nickname for her! Ha

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

happylily

What doesn't make the "wide" happy is your nickname for her! Ha

LOL!

I love snow, two months out of a year. Any longer than that makes me upset.

Flippy, it sounds like a lovely day for you!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010