Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins Deserve a Day Off! (Read 22 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nonrunning day for me today.

My report and photos for my 25th race of 2015, which I did on Saturday morning:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/ec54f0ccb7874e15a0f2d49cc235ea47/resume#focus

Sunday, ran the San Antonio Riverwalk. VERY humid!  Nice run/walk though, got in 3.2 miles, and pretty much had the place all to myself after all the major rain we had here Sunday morning.

May 18th Holidays

Visit Your Relatives Day

KEYWORD1 2010-02-22 dog dogs canine canines animal animals lazy sloth

International Museum Day

art, glasses, frames, deface, mona lisa, the scream, museum, misunderstand, painting, painter,

Mother Whistler Day

Found in Cluttered Attic - Whistler's Father.

Accountants Day

KEYWORD1 2007-04-16 taxes tax season tax filing tax filings filing taxes cpa cpas accountan

Cheese Soufle Day and Devil's Food Cake Day

Souffle cartoons, Souffle cartoon, funny, Souffle picture, Souffle pictures, Souffle image, Souffle images, Souffle illustration, Souffle illustrations

Shocking cows and chickens with the ingredients of the cake.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hi Pens,

Sorry been off the radar this past week. Doing some major catch up on the Penguin Posts.

Sapf - How scary for DH and you. Sending you hugs!!

Zelanie - Woohoo! Sounds like you ran it just right. SECOND?? HOLY COW!! Loved seeing your video

Lauren - been thinking about you and your HM this weekend. Congrats on being a HM'er!!

Ginny - I've been devouring the posts on pelvic sfx's. You are a wealth of info. Thanx!!

Jerry - WTG on the PR!!

Everyone else - Howdy! Nice runs!!

AFM - Still no running. Wrestling with the paper chase to get an MRI on my pelvis. Pain has subsided in that I'm not hobbling, but something is definitely not right. Originally thought I might go out this morning to confirm it's gonna hurt like a SOB when I run. Sounded pretty dumb when I repeated it to me. Just going to wait it out until I get confirmation on what I think is happening. Sure hope I'm exaggerating the issue.

Meanwhile, I'll keep my head in the game and stay tuned.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

From the Internet.

Hi pens! Will catch up on posts in a bit. Did 3 super easy miles this morning to check in with my legs. They are sore and will get an SRD tomorrow but glad I went out and got the blood moving a bit, and I am loving my $34 Wave Riders.

PADRunner

RD for me today. my knee is acting up a bit and muscles still sore from sprinting.

Singer who runs a smidge

So I decided to go for my walk.  I checked weather.com to find that it's partly cloudy outside and 89 degrees.  Not too bad.  I headed for the door, only to discover that "partly cloudy" has changed into "tremendous downpour".  I think I'll wait.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope it's nothing serious, Kathleen.  Feel better.

Brilliant

Kathleen, I saw in the miles game that you posted 0 and were still out of commission.   I hope you get some relief/answers soon.

GinnyinPA

Mitch - something similar happened to my mother.  You would think that as often as they ask what meds you're on, someone would notice that they don't go together or that they duplicate each other?

Kathleen - I'm really sorry you're still hurting.  I'm glad you didn't try to push it today.

Scotty - too bad you can't jump in the river or get under one of the waterfalls.  But at least you had the walkway to yourself.

Lauren - a short recovery run can help healing as long as you keep it really easy.

Z - I hope the RD gets your finish recorded.

HopesMom - our thunderstorm turned out to be 10 drops of rain.  We need everything we can get, but that's not going to turn the grass green.

Zelanie

Kathleen- Sounds like you are taking very sensible precautions.  I hope you're able to get the paper shuffle handled soon!  The AG placing thing for me is complicated.  I misread it yesterday, and my AG was 35-44.  And I wasn't second.  But there is possible cheating involved with at least two of the runners who finished ahead of me.  I don't know who they were or their AG though.  Working on the report, which is way too long, as usual.

From the Internet.

Kathleen- Sounds like you are taking very sensible precautions.  I hope you're able to get the paper shuffle handled soon!  The AG placing thing for me is complicated.  I misread it yesterday, and my AG was 35-44.  And I wasn't second.  But there is possible cheating involved with at least two of the runners who finished ahead of me.  I don't know who they were or their AG though.  Working on the report, which is way too long, as usual.

Ooh, scandal, intrigue, redemption and a PR - can't wait to read it!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi Pens,

Sorry been off the radar this past week. Doing some major catch up on the Penguin Posts.

Sapf - How scary for DH and you. Sending you hugs!!

Zelanie - Woohoo! Sounds like you ran it just right. SECOND?? HOLY COW!! Loved seeing your video

Lauren - been thinking about you and your HM this weekend. Congrats on being a HM'er!!

Ginny - I've been devouring the posts on pelvic sfx's. You are a wealth of info. Thanx!!

Jerry - WTG on the PR!!

Everyone else - Howdy! Nice runs!!

AFM - Still no running. Wrestling with the paper chase to get an MRI on my pelvis. Pain has subsided in that I'm not hobbling, but something is definitely not right. Originally thought I might go out this morning to confirm it's gonna hurt like a SOB when I run. Sounded pretty dumb when I repeated it to me. Just going to wait it out until I get confirmation on what I think is happening. Sure hope I'm exaggerating the issue.

Meanwhile, I'll keep my head in the game and stay tuned.

Hope it's nothing major.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hate cheaters!  Off with their heads!

Damaris

So I did the dumb thing and went for a walk/run to test the waters. Sounds crazy, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't making this crap up. (Growing up in my family, if you were ever sick, you were called a "faker" - why does that shit linger in the head of an independent, happy and successful 55 year old woman?) Was uncomfortable during the run/walk but knew it would be worse afterward. Yup, hurts like hell when I stand up and using furniture to get from one point to another. Think I'll go bum a cane off my 90 year old Dad. Hoping for MRI evidence soon.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K