Beginners and Beyond

I wish MONDAILIES were as fast as Usain Bolt (Read 46 times)

Docket_Rocket

BTW, our flag is from 1895. I demand Captain America releases it at once!  Copycat!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Well here a national emergency may be declared, which is exactly what happened last summer when an entire county went under. We shall see.

Stay dry!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

Stay dry!

I didn't. Half way into my out and back 4 miles I got caught in a torrential downpour. I made it home fine and it was actually a decent run considering it had been 11 days since I last ran but my iPhone got stuck in headphone mode afterwards. Thank goodness for the interwebs which taught me how to fix it.

Cyberic

I don't force mine to be slow either, it just gets that way when I've been training harder.

Yep, same here.

happylily

BTW, our flag is from 1895. I demand Captain America releases it at once!  Copycat!

Dave got some false info from the internet?!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

beer run

I know it's a difficult day, but let's get it done.

How did the day work out for you? It flew by for me!

happylily

How did the day work out for you? It flew by for me!

It was not a bad day at all. And now it's time to eat, which is always great, even on a Monday. :-)

LRB

That would be like Michael Jordan missing a free throw shot. Brace yourself because he is going to make the next 15 in a row.

happylily

At this point training to train I think.

Hill work/ form work/ leg turnover and a crap load of core stuff.

I missed my goal 5k time this spring, but I am continuing to train speed to maybe I can pick a good fall 5k to kick in the butt.

I do have Boston in 2016, but until early winter I don't have anything on plan to train towards.

(I have just now started adding in some cycling for quad work in prep for Bostons downhill)

Its odd (to me)  I am faster this year than last, but I can not seem to get comfortably back into the 17's for 5k.  (sitting anywhere from 18:02 - 18:30ish)

You?

Still the beast...  You mentioned how hot it had been in Texas lately. Surely that affected you in your quest for a faster 5k.

For me, it's same old same old.

Docket_Rocket

Gasp!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Stay dry!

We missed it, or it missed us as it were. Last year I had to do storm duty after that whole thing went down, I was not looking forward to that nonsense again.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights & core Then stretched the heck out of my calves & foam rolled. Might be time to wave the white flag, what had been a manageable pain in my heel in the am & after sitting was sore all day. It goes away some with stretching & foam rolling, but comes back.

scottydawg, have a productive and fun day.

Rick, maybe I'll do a twenty-four-hour event or Marathon des Sables in my next life.

DaveP MI, safe travels.

Phil, excellent 8.3. You are better at self-restraint than I.

HCK 2.0, I'm glad you were able to exercise some. Boo the soreness. Do you have a plan on how to deal with it?

After work, I went for my weekly alphabiotic alignment, then, to the gym to do weights. Done and done.

Half Crazy K 2.0

HCK 2.0, I'm glad you were able to exercise some. Boo the soreness. Do you have a plan on how to deal with it?

Stretch more, calves & legs. Foam roll. Be mindful of the shoes I wear to work, this started after wearing clog-like shoes and then walking about a mile round trip to one of our other buildings. Fortunately, there are very few people at work this week and next, so I can get away with running shoes every day. Probably going to drop back to 3 or 4 days of running as opposed to 5. I seem ok with 2 days back to back, the third day this weekend did me in.

Docket_Rocket

Those strides felt tough. It's been a while since I ran them.

Damaris

Fundraising Page