Beginners and Beyond

Where are the Weekend Penguins? (Read 24 times)

GinnyinPA

Traci - amazing that you were able to do so well with the run/walk.  Great job.

Lauren - enjoy the rest day.  After yesterday's speedy session, you earned it.

Kathleen - good six miler.  Until it gets hot, sunshine makes running so much nicer.

D - that's a nice MP run.

PAD - cute! I hope they're tasty.  I love a good mango.

Jack - I hope your huge family gathering was good.  Have fun in the mountains.  Any snow or is it all gone already?  I know your mountains haven't gotten much this year.

AFM:  I managed to finish my 20 miler with an average pace of about 10:30, which was my intent.  Better than my last attempt, but still not a great run, though it was through pretty rural country and the weather was lovely.  I had to stop for a couple of minutes at mile 19 to get my heart rate under control and calm my stomach.  The first two gels went down well, but not the third one.  I never made it to #4. It was really windy, which really got my sinuses activated.  I've spent the two hours since I finished just coughing and coughing.  My leg growled from time to time, but because I ran slower, it never got acutely painful. This was my first long run in shorts and t-shirt this spring.  It felt good to be out in the sun again.

tracilynn

Nice run ginny!

~~~~~~~

Traci

LRB

11:25

12:10

12:05

11:35

14:00 HILL FROM HELL

11:26

12:07

11:30

11:38

11:29

11:14

10:43

10:42

10:30 (last .2)

Your splits are consistent and your effort impressive given you are 3 weeks removed from a half marathon PR and dealing with shin issues.

Smart move to walk parts of the course and not let the competitor in you make you do something stupid. Now recover well and continue to improve, you are quietly having a great year...

Nice pic! I love the sense of style and fashion there.

tracilynn

I love the sense of style and fashion there.

You would, 'cause we are Capri twins, eh?

~~~~~~~

Traci

LRB

You would, 'cause we are Capri twins, eh?

Well, yes.

Ya know, them stupid things actually fit me well and allow me to race as good as any other garment I wear. I actually like them.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Evening all.  I managed to drag myself out tonight around 5pm for my long run =P  I should have gone in the morning but I was a wee bit hung over on Saturday morning so ran in the evening on Saturday, which meant I also ran in the evening today...

Mitch - excellent job on your HM!

Allison - congrats on finishing the move.  I might be moving at the end of September - it depends on what they do to my rent...

Jack - enjoy the mini vacation

Zel - I hate being over dressed for runs... which means sometimes I go out wearing too little for the weather :-/

Traci - great job on your HM :-)

Ginny - awesome job getting your 20 miler done =D

PAD - congrats!!

D - nice run =)

Kathleen - sunny runs are so nice this time of year :-)  In the middle of July, not so much

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

Ginny, great job on the 20 miler!  I felt the same way about gels during the marathon, never in training, where my stomach just felt like it was shut down and would take nothing else.  I think after a certain point, everything not needed for actual moving forward is just switched off.

Hope the coughing has settled down and that you have a good evening!

Robert31320

Team TJ

This is exactly how our weekend has gone!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Happy Easter pens.

Been a busy day with family and fun. Had a 14 miler scheduled but only managed 10 due to time constraints. Plus the thought of 14 is still so overwhelming for me. Hate to admit Jim looking guests to having my HM behind me. Still toying with the idea of tracking on one more in May since I have the training miles. Well see.

Traci-fantastic HM!

Allison-hope you are enjoying your new home. Moving is soooo much work.

Ginny-20 miles. Holy moly

Everyone else - always so nice to hear how you are doing.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K