Beginners and Beyond

Sleeping In SaturDAILIES (Read 43 times)

flarunner

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Gooooood morning!

Heading out for a 2 (TWO!) mile shakeout run in a bit with my running group, then breakfast. Because carbo load.

Have a great day!!

flarunner

Mornin' Sleepyheads!

Got 9 done this morning. Thought it was going to be warm and humid, but it was actually really nice out. I wore shorts. Of course, I wear shorts all year, but since everyone else is talking about wearing shorts, I wanted to be one of the cool kids. Wink

Have a great day and weekend. And good luck to all the racers!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles including the Doral 5K.  Will leave in 20 minutes to run to the starting line, pick my packet, etc. It's literally a mile away in my running route.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Happy weekend!  Good luck to all you racers!  Good luck to everyone else as well, because we all got stuff we're doing.

Wife and I have chores and shopping to do.  Planning a bike ride once it warms up.

Last night I did elliptical, a legs workout, and I jogged 4/10ths of a mile to see how it'd feel.  YOU HEARD ME.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all.  This is probably the last I'll check in until tomorrow evening, post race.  I'm heading out here in a few, after I get some breakfast.  I'm excited for the expo because I'm doing the bod-pod test to see what my body fat is.  After that it will be early dinner and off to bed for a 7am race.  Hopefully I'll have some exciting news to share when I get back.  Thanks for all the help and support along the way.

April, Bruce and the rest of you that are racing - have a great one!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Ball of Fury

Morning all!  Headed downtown for my MRI...yippee!

April, SIAR, Taper Bruce, Docket, and all other racers:  Good luck!!!!

Phil:  Congrats on the quarter mile!

Fla:  Nice run this morning...glad you had good weather!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning all!  Headed downtown for my MRI...yippee!

April, SIAR, Taper Bruce, Docket, and all other racers:  Good luck!!!!

Phil:  Congrats on the quarter mile!

Fla:  Nice run this morning...glad you had good weather!

Thanks Ami.  Hope you get some positive results, and have a fun trip at the stadium.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

My pancakes this morning do not quite have the structural integrity that one would hope - they're breaking as I flip 'em.   I'm sure they still taste yummy!

Something planned for this morning, just not sure what.  Maybe a run, maybe a bike ride.   Then after that, DH and I are off to Boston to play tourist for a day.

GOOD LUCK to all the racers today!

Earthtokarmen

I have 5 planned except I may have drank too much last night.  Hoping I'm just dehydrated.

Good luck to all the racers!

Greetings from Savannah. Great time last night at the wedding, minimal family drama. Managed to pawn off both kids on various relatives for the night, so DW & had the hotel room ALL TO OURSELVES!

Anyhoo, this whole weekend all I can think about is how to squeeze in runs. This morning I figured I should be the good DH @ take DW out for coffee & a walk around town. Beautiful morning, and of course the streets were filled with runners. Grrr...will have to see what I can figure out later.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Second 5K without albuterol.  If I had not run an ultra last week, I am sure I would've PRd.  Adjusted for weather it looks awesome and my lungs felt great.  I ran 1:30 faster than 2 weeks ago.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Good morning!  Walking today, hiking tomorrow, then Monday morning I will do a one-mile test run to see if my knee can run.  I tried to channel Phil last night and get the bike out, but all I succeeded in doing was letting the air out of the front tire before I realized that the pump doesn't work.

April- Enjoy the shakeout and breakfast, and good luck!

Fla- I think shorts was a good choice for your run this morning.

D- Huge congrats!  And PR Marathon next week?

Phil- I think I have a picture of your run yesterday.  Was it like this? So glad you were running, but please be careful!

SIAR- Good luck!

Ami- Hoping for good results for you!

Oski- Hope the pancakes were good!  DH is the pancake maker in the family, and he gets SO frustrated when they don't turn out.  It's almost funny, because like you say, they still taste good.

Karmen- Hope you're starting to feel better.

DaveP- Maybe being the good DH this morning will make sneaking away for a run later easier.

LRB

Supp crew!

My 5k race is done - 20:14.

My mile splits were 6:33, 6:33, 6:26.

My plan was to run even splits through two miles, then to pour out everything I had left at the end of mile 3, which is exactly what happened.  Trouble is, the end of mile 3 was up an incline, doh!

I was hoping to flirt with a six minute mile for mile 3, but the uptick threw me a curve ball.  Oh well, better luck next time.

StepbyStep-SH

Nice job, LRB and Damaris!

Good luck to all this weekend's racers!

For me, 20.63 miles done at 10:05 overall pace. Not fast, but not as painful as last week's 19, so that's a plus. Ran 11 with one friend, and we bumped into a couple of other friends we hadn't seen for a while, including my friend who was at the finish as the bombs went off in Boston. (She is in this NY Times interactive feature - scroll down to Deborah Markos: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/04/22/sports/boston-moment.html?smid=fb-share&_r=1&Wink. I did have one lucky thing on today's run - just before I left the house, I decided to put $5 in the pocket of my handheld water bottle - and I used it at a convenience store at mile 7 to buy some lotion to try to stop chafing from my top. The rest of the run would have been very uncomfortable had I not been able to take care of that!
                                Now it's time to pack for an overnight trip, including dinner at a steakhouse in Minneapolis for my FIL's birthday (one of those places ranked $$$$!). Have a great weekend, Monsters!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.