Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are easy to please (Read 47 times)

happylily

Aww! What a darling!

Thanks for the welcome back and the wishes, guys. My run went better than expected and, good news, I am just as slow as before, not more! Woohoo!!!  I ran my intervals about 10 seconds too slow, but I ran everything else 20 seconds too fast, so that's pretty much my normal self. No pain whatsoever and no redness on the blister after. Now all I have to do is register for a race in the coming weeks.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

workinprogress11

That's the stuff of nightmares. And you seem so matter of fact about it... Were you panicking at time? Did you feel like grabbing a knife to get the tick out?

i wasn't panicked, just grossed out. I couldn't have reached it if I wanted to and I had to let a professional do it to make sure it was ALL out.

The doctor said they used to name them when they would remove them in the ER.  She asked what I would name mine. I replied "Getoutofmydamnshoulder"

onemile

Now all I have to do is register for a race in the coming weeks.

I think IMM is still open.  All the cool kids will be there.  (Okay, just me and LRB )

happylily

I think IMM is still open.  All the cool kids will be there.  (Okay, just me and LRB )

So it would be like in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly?  (you're probably too young for that reference...) I'll take the bad and ugly title, of course, and I'll let you two, fine runners, fight for the title of good. 

happylily

i wasn't panicked, just grossed out. I couldn't have reached it if I wanted to and I had to let a professional do it to make sure it was ALL out.

The doctor said they used to name them when they would remove them in the ER.  She asked what I would name mine. I replied "Getoutofmydamnshoulder"

LOL... You were quite brave. I would have fainted.

Cyberic

So what are the Vegas odds between you two?

PADRunner

Nothing since 2013

Congrats! I'm due for a scan in December I had the Reclast IV a year ago. Reconsidering taking it again.

Docket_Rocket

Wow, workinprogress.  And ouch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

I just registered for a half marathon in two weeks. It will be very slow. I'm not even sure why I registered except I feel like I've got to do some races again.