Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins (Read 11 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

It really doesn't feel quite like Wednesday.  Anyway, heading out in a bit for 7 miles.  Just having some coffee and waiting for the sun to rise a bit.  I suppose I could wear a headlamp, but I'll save that for long run days :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Brilliant

I hope you had a good run.  I see you're in for a heatwave, so it's good you got out there early!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 4 miles tonight.

I am happy it is a Wednesday, that is all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning, Jill, Bri, and Docket.

SRD for us after 20 miles in last 4 days.  We will walk instead.  Hopefully a little cooler tomorrow.

$120 dryer repair this morning for some extra excitement to our day.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

..and happy National Beer Lover's Day !!!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  It was warm and kinda muggy for this morning's run, but it was sunny when I left the house.  And POURING when I got to work!!  I guess a lot can happen in an hour's commute.  Anyway, I have quartet tonight, woo-hoo!!

Jill -- we're stuck with headlamps and reflective vests until summer, I guess.  We usually hit the road around 5:30.

Brilliant -- Howdy!!

Docket -- enjoy your Pilates and 4!!

Jerryb -- sounds like you've earned the SRD!!  Ick on the $$ dryer repair!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Hot and muggy here - 90 feels like 100, with a dew point that will rise from 70 to 78.  I'll be doing my run on the TM later, probably 5 or 6 miles.

Jill - good job on the early morning run.

D - you must be in taper mode, with only 4 miles.  Have fun this evening.

Jerry - ouch to the dryer repair.  I hope you had a good walk.

HopesMom - have fun at rehearsal tonight.  Nice job on the early morning run.  Are you and your husband training for a specific race, or just working to build your base?

Singer who runs a smidge

We're just learning how to run again! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Allison, I didn't realize the heat was coming back until your comment.  I have to run 15 miles on Friday (wedding to attend Saturday evening) and the high is supposed to be 92.  This is not going to be fun.  Maybe I'll have to aim to start my run at 4 or 5 am to avoid the heat.

DR - enjoy your 4

Jerry - what's wrong with your dryer?

HsM - an hour long commute?  That sounds terrible.  Do you listen to audiobooks or podcasts or something?

Ginny - enjoy the treadmill run

Singer who runs a smidge

I practice my barbershop on the way in, listen to audiobooks on the way home.  I'm pretty used to it, but at the same time, I'd love to avoid it!  Driverless cars would help, or moving the mass specs to my garage.  Neither one will happen in my working lifetime, I guess.  Though driverless cars might  ...

Zelanie

I really liked late headlamp runs on the super hot days, going out after sundown when every mile is cooler than the last.

Just have a 1 mile streak run and 2.5 mile walk with the beginners today. Last night was 12 x 400 and then I had to come home and do a bunch more work.