Beginners and Beyond

TuesDailies Still feeling the heat (Read 33 times)

LRB

Yikes, crazy day at work for me Sad

That sucks. Last week was insane for me. This week has been a piece of cake comparatively speaking. And, it's "Friday". Woot!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good afternoon!

I rode 37 miles this morning, then went in to work a couple of hours early.  I'm done for the day, but I'm too tired to take advantage of it.  It's 91 with a DP in the upper 70s right now, so I'm not feeling bad about lazing in the a/c.

Have a great rest of the day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Runshortii

Baboon - good luck on your triathlon!

I ran 5. I didn't work today so I procrastinated and didn't get out there until after 11 and it was hot  and my legs are still stiff from racing Sunday. At least I work tomorrow so I'll be forced to get out early for my MP workout.

Cyberic

First day back to work after one week vacation. Am not very productive. Proof: I found this.

hahaha, Cy, that's fantastic.  Mostly because I say that to myself all. the. time.

I got my 1/2 plan done yesterday (ahem, which I made myself as Onemile so wisely pointed out one can do), and decided to get bold and add hill sprints back in.  This is playing with fire probably, but dammit, those things get results.  So, 4.5 this morning, did some downhill sprinting and then 1x 8 second hill sprint.  I can't call it a repeat, because it was a disaster with dogbreath; he thought it was a game and kept jumping in front of me and trying to bite his leash.   I said FTS and didn't do the second one.  I think the only solution is to get faster than the dog, which is not going to be easy.

I won't tell you about my weather.  Just rest assured that the price of land, eggs, and gas are such that I pay all my money for it.

Hi ROS!  I ate this cake today that totally made me think of you.  Coconut pineapple thing, tastes like it has at least a pound of butter in it, absolutely amazing.  Sorry the ATs are cranky, stupid things suck.  I'm attached to the same foam roller for the IT insertion point, but it's getting better.  Solidarity.

Coastal

Cy:  That's funny.  Used to do that back when I did wildland fire in the summers, and now as a runner I do the same thing.

Cranky AT's suck.

Got in 4 on the TM this morning.  Did a couple runs on the road over the weekend and a rest day yesterday.  Had a beekeeper coming over today so had to get things done at the Y and get home in time to meet with him so I opted to do my workout, then hop on the TM.   Turns out that I have honeybees.  There.  I said it, in a public place.  As in, I have honeybees crapping all over the place.  Who knew bees could do this?  Little yellow speckles all over the car, truck, house, skylight, and me if I hold still long enough outside.  Wash the car and they crap it all up again in a matter of hours.  We decided that the bees have a nest in a tree somewhere very close nearby.  Either that or one of my neighbors has some bee hives hidden in the bushes.  We watched the bees flying by and have a pretty good lead on where the nest might be.  I need to go talk with the neighbors and see if they will let me try to locate the nest.

onemile

the only solution leave the dog at home on workout days, which is not going to be easy.

Onemile, the struggle is real...  He's actually been great for speed days, he can go faster than I'll ever be able to, so it's no biggie for him to speed up and slow down for whatever intervals I want to do, and he's a boss at the tempo.  But stopping for the full recovery before the hill sprint was my fatal mistake.  He got riled up waiting.

Coast, I read "bookkeeper," and was very confused about how he tied in with honeybees, but now it's all coming together, lol.  I had no idea bees crapped on things!  Or that bee poo is yellow and sparkly, which is just plain hilarious.  I need to know how this plays out.

Docket_Rocket

First day back to work after one week vacation. Am not very productive. Proof: I found this.

Hear hear.

I kept Pilates easy, with no overheads or being in the air.  I am being careful with the neck. It does not hurt, but I still feel my head, if you get what I mean.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training after a nice post-work nap. Some asshole decided fireworks at 12:45 am were a good idea. A better idea would be for them to shove those fireworks somewhere......

Cyberic, I drink a ton of water, so always clear.

Coastal, interesting on the honeybee crap.

delicate flower

Off-road triathlon tonight.

That was fuckin awful.    I mean, I raced ok (just ok) but conditions were rough.  Thunderstorms rolled in and delayed the start of the race, and the swim was turned into a one mile run.  The course was a wet, muddy, puddly mess, and the air was hot, humid, and thick.  Torture, man.  I'm just happy to have gotten through the damn thing.  Finished 26/79 overall, which about average for me in this series.  The race took my 59:19, and I just fine with that.

<3