Beginners and Beyond

February Goals (Read 125 times)

delicate flower

1)  Have a successfully surgery and begin the long road to recovery.

2)  Watch a lot of movies.

3)  Try not to get too fat.

My month was "successful", I guess.  I should be able to start biking in March.  I've got two more zero mile months ahead of me.  *sigh*

roboknee.

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

- stay healthy

- run what my coach says

- focus on absolutely obliterating my 10k PR on March 17 and doing what I need to do over the next 6 weeks

The only glitch on February was that I experienced some achilles discomfort, so of course I made a PT appointment right away (with a guy who is a runner of course). He mentioned a hip imbalance was leading to some extra pressure on my left achilles, which was starting to show the beginnings of tendonosis. Hopefully I nipped it in the bud early enough, otherwise the month has been non-eventful and I hopefully am on pace to completely destroy 38:27.

2014 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:17);  10k - 37:00 (37:54);   HM - 1:21:59 (1:24:21);   FM - whatever (3:05:46)

Robert31320

Running for TJ

• 80+ miles
        • injury free
        • Run my first 10K race

•  I'll be really close to the 80+ miles by Thursday morning.
        • Unless I fall on my face Thursday morning I'll remain injury free.
        • I ran my first 10K on 2/23

You have to run through the valley if you want to get to the mountain top!

Next goal:  Mad Marsh 50K (November 2014)

Miles to go

I just remembered that I almost put PR monthly mileage, but decided that might not be practical in a 28 day month. Instead, I think I had my mileage PR by the 20th.

PRs: 5K: 25:35 / 10K: 53:03 / 10mi: 1:26:15 / HM: 1:55:02

onemile

I am still alive.

Smile

Survive another month of Hansons.

Luke79

Successful completion of my first HM, in sub 2:00.

Nailed it.

Run 120 miles

Maintain or lose weight

With tomorrow's run, I will hit my mileage target.

Maintained weight.

Bonus from February - set a 5K PR (26:23) in the Heart & Soles 5K in a race which I did not plan on running till 1 week before the race date.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'm not going to get too fancy with my goals for February. I've made specific goals the last couple of months, but missed a few of them. Weather and a lack of daylight are having an impact on my running schedule (though the days are getting noticeably longer now).

Anyway,  I plan on continuing to follow my Ryan-esque training plan for my March 15K, which includes a couple of big hill runs and 3 or 4 interval workouts. I also intend to get at least 3 long runs in, preferably with a fair number of miles at 15K pace in each of them. And, I can see 110 miles for Feb, as I begin my taper right at the end of the month for the March 9 race.

We'll see how it goes...

Well, I learned one thing in February - by setting vague goals, I find that it's easier to meet them!

Let's see - I ran 111.3 miles in February with 4 interval runs (though one included only 1 X 1 mile interval. 4 long runs. I did hit some modest hills on 3 or 4 runs, but not the major training hill that I wanted to hit. It was just too muddy out and I don't want to soil my trail shoes. Smile

Pretty good month overall. Although my training was a little haphazard and unstructured, I think it was still fairly effective. I'll know more on 3/9 when I run a 15K.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:55:21

monkkey

I admit nothing

Mission accomplished.  5 min PR.

to not suck at my marathon

marathon 3:39 / half 1:40

happylily

- Get back into regular training this week

- work on speed and hills with a little more intensity

- stay within 60 and 70 miles per week

-Training is going well

- I run my intervals a bit faster now and I had a good tempo run last week. Hills? Meh... Been doing baby hills, nothing spectacular.

- 312 miles for the month = 78 mpw. Happy with that, especially since those weeks were part of my post-marathon recovery. I'd say my legs recovered pretty quickly. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

3 years, 13 marathons, 13 BQs     

Has Broken Parts

1. Finish the toughest 4 weeks of marathon training healthy.

2. eh, who am I kidding? I only have one goal this month.

Mission accomplished. Now to taper without getting hurt or going crazy.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

People list it because being injured sucks so folks make it a "goal" not to end up there, even though injuries are often out of our control.

I think injuries are a natural part of running.  You can be as smart with your training as possible, but there is little you can do to prevent the inevitable muscle pull or tendon flare-up.

+100

Injuries do suck, if I have to be sidelined then people around me are going to need to give me space, my sanity needs these runs and it makes me much more socially functional Evil

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:40 (7:57 min/mile pace) 

10k - 54:39 (8:48 min/mile pace)

15k -1:24:04 (9:01 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:56:38 (8:54 min/mile pace) Sub 2 hours!!!

MrNamtor

DON'T TREAD ON ME

I just edited this because I re-read it and realize i don't know what the frik im talking about. So never mind..Smile Anyway, It's march

Just Keep "Tri" ing

1. Continue training injury free for marathon #6

GOING WELL 

2. Swim 750 meters consecutive by the end of February

SURPASSED!!! SWAM 1,000 METERS LAST THURSDAY AND UP TO 1,300 METERS 

CONSECUTIVE TODAY!

3. Aiming for a  very fun personal worst at my 25th Half Marathon @ Disney Princess

PERSONAL WORST BY FAR- 2:32 - DONE!!

EPIC FUN TIME ACHIEVED!!

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

MrNamtor

DON'T TREAD ON ME

1. Continue training injury free for marathon #6

GOING WELL 

2. Swim 750 meters consecutive by the end of February

SURPASSED!!! SWAM 1,000 METERS LAST THURSDAY AND UP TO 1,300 METERS 

CONSECUTIVE TODAY!

3. Aiming for a  very fun personal worst at my 25th Half Marathon @ Disney Princess

PERSONAL WORST BY FAR- 2:32 - DONE!!

EPIC FUN TIME ACHIEVED!!

3 for 3! Did better than Kay. Or maybe the same.

Anyway that Walt Disney was a genius