Beginners and Beyond

NRR - what do you do for a living? (Read 966 times)

RagRabbit

In college, we called it "bugs and drugs"....which sounds more fun than "applications of medical microbiology".  I work with three women, - a physician, a pharmacist, and a nursing case manager.  I've become a good listener....a very good listener.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I manage a beer store.

You and I will become fast friends...

BIS

High Horse

Make stuff like shopping malls, school buildings, and gray hairs. I used to actually build with my hands, and now I build with a laptop and everyone says I am trailer trash.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member ~ Groucho Marx.

Antipodean

I teach 11/12 year olds. It keeps me on my toes.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

I am an Oncology Pharmacy Technician. I work per diem at a major Cancer Center mixing the magic stuff that will hopefully save lives. Full time, I work at the same Cancer Center arguing with insurance companies to make sure my patients don't go broke trying to pay for meds. If that doesn't work, I scour the globe looking for patient assistance. I cry on a routine basis when I get to tell my patients that they don't have to pay a $8,000 copay each month....we found them help! I love my job......wouldn't even quit right away if I won Powerball!
            Runshortii

I'm a nursing assistant at a hospital on a post op floor. Im still in school and I'll (hopefully!) be a registered nurse in 2 years.
              KaraInSavannah

Runs the streets

I work in the marketing department at a large insurance agency. I'm lucky in that I don't have to deal with irate customers. However, I do spend a large portion of my day dealing with irate salespeople.

I was in this field, previously. I started as a patient advocate and clinical appeals writer. Then I went to the "dark" Smile side and worked as an agent then as a benefits and employment advisor.

Now I am what most call a stay at home mom. I have two girls. I'm an old fashioned housewife. I NEVER thought I would be, but I'm good at it, and it's a pretty cush gig.

I keep keep saying I want to work when Vivian begins pre-k in two years. My husband will support my decision, but I know he isn't keen. I don't think I will ever work a corporate job again though. I may become a fitness instructor to get me out, get paid to work out, and have ample time for my girls, hub and home.

delicate flower

The sad, sad truth is that I work in Human Resources.  BUT, I don't have to deal with people. I'm an HRMS Systems Analyst and Salary Administrator.  Mostly I spend all day programming our system to be more efficient, analyzing data, and making sure salaries and benefit deductions are correct and in line with the rules of our TWENTY THREE labor unions. For 2000+ employees.  :-|

PeopleSoft, per chance? 

<3

Village people

A boring old SAHM. My kids are 14, 12, 10, 8, 7 and 4.

KaraInSavannah

Runs the streets

A boring old SAHM. My kids are 14, 12, 10, 8, 7 and 4.

I can't imagine a moment of having 6 kids is boring. I have two. Two feels like a lot of kids some days Smile 

happylily

I used to be an accountant, for 15 years, but I left the business. Now, I prepare 5 mini human beings for the world. So much more fun and gratifying. (and no, they're not mine). Let's see if I can post a pic.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Quote from grape. on 11/28/2012 at 11:58 PM:

The sad, sad truth is that I work in Human Resources.  BUT, I don't have to deal with people. I'm an HRMS Systems Analyst and Salary Administrator.  Mostly I spend all day programming our system to be more efficient, analyzing data, and making sure salaries and benefit deductions are correct and in line with the rules of our TWENTY THREE labor unions. For 2000+ employees.  :-|

PeopleSoft, per chance? 

If it is Psoft, it sounds like you do more the "back end" stuff.  That program is a PITA!  One false move, and someone could easily end up being over paid.

Speaking of payroll, checks just arrived.  Gotta go play delivery girl now.

curmudgeon at large

Hospital accountant. Not exciting but it pays the bills.

Pinktastic

My job title says Sr. Pricing Analyst.   What?  That doesn't tell you anything?    I know......    Basically, I work the back-end toensure that retail credit card customers receive the disclosed terms and agreements that they were disclosed.   Lots of pressure and I would really hate it, except the people I work with are awesome!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

delicate flower

Quote from grape. on 11/28/2012 at 11:58 PM:

If it is Psoft, it sounds like you do more the "back end" stuff.  That program is a PITA!  One false move, and someone could easily end up being over paid.

Speaking of payroll, checks just arrived.  Gotta go play delivery girl now.

I'd definitely rather underpay them than overpay them!  It is always tougher to get that money back.  An underpayment is an easy fix.

<3