Beginners and Beyond

Friday - Do something or do nothing (Read 36 times)

I ran 10. Haven't felt good since my 10k and I'm thinking I shouldn't have done it

When I ran that hilly 10k during my last marathon cycle, it destroyed me, and I was wishing I hadn't run it. Things were really ragged for about a week, but then it got more or less back to normal after that.

Dave

Cyberic

14 miles w/tempo intervals, 6x1600m + 3x200m.

That's something all right.

Yup! Nice!

Cyberic

Maybe it was the work travel last week. Or the fact Addie gave me almost  zero recovery combined with the work travel

Make sure you recover well, or else you're not getting as much benefit as you could from all your hard work. Not that I'm an expert or anything but that's what they say, isn't it?

delicate flower

You don't realize how big the state of New York is until you have to drive all the way across it. And besides NYC, New York is a whole lot of farmland.

<3

delicate flower

14 miles w/tempo intervals, 6x1600m + 3x200m.

That's something all right.

Awesome run, son.

<3

Runshortii

I was going to run my 12 today, but by the time I got out the door it was 83 degrees and sunny. One of the hotter runs I've done and it's the middle of September . I did my 6 today instead, I'll do 12 on Sunday before work when it'll at least be a little cooler.

delicate flower

<3

Docket_Rocket

You don't realize how big the state of New York is until you have to drive all the way across it. And besides NYC, New York is a whole lot of farmland.

Don't drive through FL!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Went to see American Assassin and it was good. Hubby gave us the wrong movie time by 30 mins so I missed my OTF class today. Oh well. Run it is.

ETA: 5 done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

Went to see American Assassin and it was good. Hubby gave us the wrong movie time by 30 mins so I missed my OTF class today. Oh well. Run it is.

ETA: 5 done.

Good to know.

I've read all of the books in the series and was looking forward to some mindless entertainment this weekend.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Had good intentions of getting a run in today, but work was such a mind fuck that I just came home.

Maybe 7 or 8 tomorrow.  Maybe not.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Good to know.

I've read all of the books in the series and was looking forward to some mindless entertainment this weekend.

I will probaly miss it, which unfortunately, has been a recurring theme for me lately.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll be seeing IT tomorrow evening, gonna see it in the Royal Suite so yes I will be drinking......

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

7.8 miles with 6 x 3 minutes at what was supposed to be 10k effort. Intervals were a little slower than I wanted them to be, but since I was about ready to bail on the workout, guess it's good enough.

Docket_Rocket

I'll be seeing IT tomorrow evening, gonna see it in the Royal Suite so yes I will be drinking......

Hubby wants to see IT and I love Stephen King but not IT.  Sigh.

Damaris

Fundraising Page