Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 42 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Yo!

It is 42 degrees, Imma go run!

delicate flower

Run well, LRB!  Run well!

Happy Friday, I say!  I had a good day off yesterday.  I slept late, I ran 12 miles, I had sushi for lunch, I got a massage, and there was football on.  There was also a dentist appointment mixed in, but my teeth look "outstanding", so even that appointment was good.  I think all Thursdays should be like that.

No meetings on my calendar today, so this day is starting off good too.  8 miles of running planned after work. 

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

This has been a really rough week for me. This is the first week of this school year I have had a fully booked schedule at my part-time jobs, therefore my workday every day this week has been 8:00am-8:00pm, and I have had over 40 reports due that I have had to do on my own time, plus other paperwork. I have been getting 3-4 hours of sleep each night since Monday, staying up late and getting up early to do all this paperwork. But, light at the end of the tunnel...... I JUST FINISHED MY LAST REPORT!!!!! YAYYYY!!!!!! With no time to spare....need to get ready for work now and turn all these in!! Needless to say, however, things like eating, sleeping, and running have taken a backseat so I could get all this done. I have not run one step since Sunday Cry. There was no possible way I could have. That would have meant taking another hour and a half or so away from the 3-4 hours I was getting of sleep. BUT it is over now....hope to get some good runs in this weekend and the weather is supposed to warm up and be nice!!! .....in other news, my damn right shin has been bugging me all week, so maybe the extra rest was for the best?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

I hope things calm down for you Kristin!

This new medicine requires that I take it first thing in the AM, then wait and HOUR before I can eat/drink anything but water.   It is amazingly difficult to change habits - I want to wake up, have my coffee while I screw around on the internet before I go to work.   Now I gotta get up, take my meds, screw around on the internet... THEN have my coffee (and I'm supposed to be cutting down on caffeine too, so today I am trying to get away with decaf).   And this waiting an hour process is making me late getting out the door.  First world problems.

I lifted last night, and tonight will be a quick run of maybe 3 or so.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy Texas weather!  Yesterday morning it was 35 degrees.  This morning it is 54 degrees and we are heading for a high today of 75.   I have a 5K tomorrow morning and temp at the start time will be 63. High tomorrow 80.  High on Sunday - .the day of the San Antonio Rock n Roll Marathon - 83 degrees!  Sheesh.

Yesterday after work it was 63 degrees.  I got changed into my running gear and then pointed my car  toward downtown San Antonio, still not yet sure which of my many available running routes in that area I wanted to do...maybe the Riverwalk?  Maybe the Missions Trail area, that goes along the river and takes me by some of the 17th century Spanish Missions?  Maybe Fort Sam Houston?  Maybe the YMCA-Brackenridge Park trails that takes me by the Zoo?   Blue Star Brewery running trail where I could get a nice run in and then sit on the patio at the Blue Star and have a lager after my run?   Historic King William District where I run past these really amazing 18th century houses?   Decisions, decisions!  Well, I decided to just drive and let Karma decide and she did...there was a traffic accident ahead on one of our inter-city highways, blocking access to most of downtown.   So I exited off and headed for the San Antonio Riverwalk.   Good decision!   The weather was sweet, but the wind was also blowing a little, so a tad 'chilly' for most of the tourists.  So the Riverwalk was nice and quiet and lovely to run on.  I had planned on doing an easy 3 miles but felt so good, I just kept going and ended up doing 4.5 miles, doing my run/walk for 50 minutes, instead of 30-something minutes.  Nice!

Today is a rest day for me and tomorrow I head to Seguin, Texas - about a 40 minute drive from San Antonio - to do the Dash For The Disabled 5K.  The race supports a disabled veterans group, a cause close to my heart as I am retired military and I certainly went through my own periods of disability during my career (3 helicopter crashes, 4 knee surgeries, and my arthritis I have now was partially caused by one of those crashes), so I empathize with what they are going through.  I did not have as nearly a bad time as most of these folks, they are truly amazing and inspiring to see at these events, they live "Never Give Up!"  every day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice to 'see' that you are running again, LRB, after your long layoff!

Nice day for you yesterday, Baboon! Congrats on the 'outstanding" teeth!

Kristin, responded to you in the Penguins thread, so...."hi" again!  Take care of that shin!

This new medicine requires that I take it first thing in the AM, then wait and HOUR before I can eat/drink anything but water.   Oski, set your alarm for 3 a.m. - that's 'first thing in the A.M., right?  - take your med and then go back to bed for a few hours.  Then get up at 'normal' time for the day and you're good to go!  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Kickboxing tonight.

LRB, enjoy the run!

Baboon, sounds like a great and repeatable day!

Kristin, busy girl!

Oski, enjoy the run later.  Hope your habits are easy to change.

Scotty, love your weather.  Better than mine.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

It's my last big weekend of miles before the taper... 11 tonight, 4 tomorrow, and 20 on Sunday. The big problem with Sunday's run is that I have to get up at 4:30 to do it.

Have a good weekend.

delicate flower

The big problem with Sunday's run is that I have to get up at 4:30 to do it.

Dead

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Dead

Tell me about it! That's what happens when there isn't enough time in the day. Oh well, it could be worse. Besides, it's my last 20 miler!!! "Always look on the bright side..." Monty Python?  Wink

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Just a couple of miles walked with the doggy today. I'm heading to the hospital to be with a friend who is having heart surgery. The surgery is to repair damage done when she had a cath a few weeks ago. An artery was damaged and she also has a blood clot in her leg. Pretty scary stuff, so any positive thoughts, good vibes, prayers for her (if that's your thing), would be appreciated.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Gonna get some trail miles in later today, with my new Kinvara TR2s.  I ordered a pair of NB MT110 trail shoes, but they didn't fit right, so I'm sending them back, picked up the TR2s from my LRS and they fit great!  This will be a test run, if everything goes well, then I'll long run with them on Sunday.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Ric-G

lrb - glad you're getting out for some miles

baboon - have a good 8 later

kristin - hope you get to run this weekend

oski - i hate messing with routines too

scotty - have a good 5k...good cause

D - go kick some more a**

jack - taper time soon

hobbit - best to your friend

D2 - good luck on the trails

3 easy this AM....running, yard work, movies, football this weekend...have a great Friday all!

marathon pr - 3:16

outoftheblue

SRD for me.  The big excitement at my house is that we just collected our very first egg out of the chicken coop this morning!   I'm ridiculously happy about it.  All the coop building and painting and coop-cleaning. seem worth it now.  Hopefully it's the first of many and I'll be serving up farm fresh omelets to my family the morning after Thanksgiving.

LRB-- So nice to see you running again!

JackK -- good luck with that final tough week!

Kristin -- Being over-busy sucks.  Hope things calm down soon and you can some sleep and fun in again.

D2 -- Enjoy the trails!

Life is good.