Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins (Read 19 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Where are the penguins this morning?

I did a wonderful 1.2 miles on the TM yesterday and 2 miles this morning.  I may try for another 2 miles in a bit.  I'm still feeling a little meh, but I think I can handle two miles at a time, which is incidentally the amount of time of one episode of "Awkward" a show I just discovered on amazon.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Last night's gig was tough -- singing for 2 hours when you don't really have a voice isn't ideal, but it's over and that's all good.  No more quartet gigs this season, and only two chorus gigs!!  I have chorus coaching this Saturday, which might be an issue, but the next chorus gig isn't until the 17th, and SURELY I'll be better by then!  I do have some of my grandmother's special cough remedy with me today, which should really help, unless I get busted for the high whiskey content ...

sapf, glad you're feeling better!!

Zelanie, are your solar panels in yet?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Panels are in!  We were waiting for the new electric meter so we could turn the system on, and they installed it yesterday!  Now if the sun would just come up....

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ran 6 last night and felt back in the land of the living.  7 planned for tonight.  All that is left is nose and chest congestion.  It can GTFU soon, please.

sapf, enjoy the TM and the show.

Hope, yay for no more quarter gigs this season!

Z, I am glad the panels are in!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi from San Luis Obispo. I am getting DD1 to bring her home for a few weeks. I just did some nice intervals on a nice track; 7.25 miles  with 5x1200 @ 7:10. I like that.

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

Bad progression turned good progression in the books today. I guess it was a progression in every way possible, haha. 2.25 mile easy warmup, 2 more miles still feeling fairly terrible and stiff (8:45, 8:49), opened up my stride a bit and started to feel better (8:13), finished strong (7:57, 7:31). Quite happy with that!

I am in fits of giggles over this picture and description right now.

GinnyinPA

I'm glad our sick penguins are starting to feel a bit better.

Jill - good idea to use the TM until you're sure you're fit to be outside.  You don't want to be walking home in 40 degrees.

Damaris - I hope your warm runs will help clear the congestion.  Good job on the 6 last night.

HopesMom - it's hard to hide a froggy voice when there are only four singers.  It will be easier with the whole chorus.  I hope your whiskey and honey does the job.

Z - hurray for being connected.  I hope the sun comes out soon.

Jack - very nice intervals.  After so much time injured, it looks like you're really back.  Enjoy your drive home.

Lauren - I'm glad your progression went well.

AFM:  social run tonight.  I'm feeling guilty about not doing any running yesterday but my body is happy for the rest. (I'm following a mix of HH Intermediate 2 and Advanced.  I'd like to be able to do the Advanced, but running 6 days a week is a bit hard on my body.  Staying injury free is most important right now, so I gave myself permission to blow off the Monday runs if necessary.)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sweet weather today after work...sunny, blue skies, about 72 degrees..shorts and singlet weather.  Going to go enjoy this with an easy run/walk of about 3 to 4 miles, probably at Fort Sam Houston.  Or maybe I will do my hill work today there.  See how I feel after I get down there.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Health club after work, so we took a 1 hour walk.  Looks like we might be able to get in another LR this weekend.  Make that a LWR (Long Walk Run).

Zelanie

Some fast runner came and took over my legs in the second half of my track workout.  I have no idea where she came from, but it was a lot of fun.