Beginners and Beyond

Tripping Over THURSDAILIES to Get to the Weekend (Read 87 times)

@runjerseygirl

I propose we funnel all the meltdowns into a single thread. One appears to have been generously created (or name-changed) for just that purpose.

You're welcome. Big grin

Do you even run?

runmomto3boys

I'm going to pull out of this group: I just want to focus on training and my passion for running, and all of this drama is too much.  I already have FB and FB groups full of most of you that I am super duper close with.  If you are on FB and we aren't friends, shoot me a PM and I'll add you.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, that's an incredible story.  I can't imagine what it must have been like to be in a helicopter that was going down!  I hope you didn't take anything I mentioned about your brace as being negative, it wasn't intended that way.  The brace is certainly a small price to pay for all that you're able to do now.  And you certainly seem to have the staying positive aspect down, although I'm sure it can be hard some days (like it is for all of us I guess).  Did you remain in the military after the injury, or was that when you exited?

No, I did not take anything you said as negative, it's all good, I knew what you meant.

It was 1974 and I was in the Philippines,  all of 20 years old, lol, having served a total of 2 years military service thus far. My knee surgery was in Nov 74, I was in a cast until January 1975, - and in the hospital until then too -  that went from the top of my left leg, near my hip, all the way down to my foot. Then I started rehab, and got returned to full duty in March 1975 just in time to help participate in evacuating all the refugees from Saigon.  Welcome back!  As said, very grateful to that surgeon, he pretty much saved my career.  I ended up staying in the military until 1996, retiring after 24 years service.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I propose we funnel all the meltdowns into a single thread. One appears to have been generously created (or name-changed) for just that purpose.

Yes, I haven't seen this forum get this bad so far since I've been here............ Undecided

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

@runjerseygirl

I'm going to start making a list of things that I never want to hear from my spin instructor.  Last week it was "I'm so excited!" This week it was "I have a surprise for you at the end!"  Our surprise was an entire song's worth of all-out sprints.

Focus today was on consistent speed. Kept pace for the entire class. Alternating between the saddle and standing runs. Legs are burning.

13.2 miles in 32:20

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

I've been meaning to ask, how are the new running shoes working for you?  I know you changed from one type to another.  Is that better?

I'm going to start making a list of things that I never want to hear from my spin instructor.  Last week it was "I'm so excited!" This week it was "I have a surprise for you at the end!"  Our surprise was an entire song's worth of all-out sprints.

Focus today was on consistent speed. Kept pace for the entire class. Alternating between the saddle and standing runs. Legs are burning.

13.2 miles in 32:20

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

I've been meaning to ask, how are the new running shoes working for you?  I know you changed from one type to another.  Is that better?

They are perfect.  I absolutely love them!  I ended up with the Brooks Glycerin 10.  Big grin

Do you even run?

Kay, your spin instructor sounds like a sadist. I'd like her, I think.

Please. A moment of silence for the slice of maple cheesecake. It didn't stand a chance when placed in front of me.

Docket_Rocket

What time is it over there, 8:30ish?  Hope you get a good night's sleep!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

She is!  But she's awesome.  All of her workouts are very focused, with a set goal.  It's not like she just goes in and tells you when to speed up, add gear, etc.  She focuses on heart rate, LT, sprints, climbs, jumps, etc.  Tailors the workout every week to focus on something different.  I've never had an instructor like her before.

Do you even run?

happylily

Heidi, you're not going anywhere, goddammit. You're the reason I've been increasing my mileage, don't let me down now.

It's almost March. We're all exhausted from our Winter training and it shows... April will be here soon and all that excess of energy will be spent on our races. Hang in there people. We're all in this together.

15 miles tonight and I'm effing tired. Someone hold me up, please.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Lily, brava on doing fifteen miles.

It's a little after 8:30 p.m. in Jerusalem. I'm sipping a large herbal tea, to help keep things moving and avert any problems in the morning. I'm drinking water as if it were Guinness. The forecast has been revised: partly cloudy, with a high of 58F and a temperature of 46F at the start. I'm not going to wear the warm-weather mockneck and tights that I packedSmile

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like awesome weather for a marathon.

It's a little after 8:30 p.m. in Jerusalem. I'm sipping a large herbal tea, to help keep things moving and avert any problems in the morning. I'm drinking water as if it were Guinness. The forecast has been revised: partly cloudy, with a high of 58F and a temperature of 46F at the start. I'm not going to wear the warm-weather mockneck and tights that I packedSmile

Damaris

Fundraising Page

flarunner

Sounds like perfect weather.

Good luck, Basya. Race well.

happylily

I am soooooo excited for you, Basya! I know how hard you've worked for this. You are so going to kick butt out there!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010