Beginners and Beyond

RR -- Staten Island Half Marathon (Read 48 times)

Ric-G

way to go!  dealing with the foot problem, etc. and still getting a pr shows you were ready for this. this pr will also go down soon...now take care of that foot...congrats!

marathon pr - 3:16

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That's really a strong effort. Should you ever find yourself on flat land for 13.1 miles, you can blow the doors off this time.

+1

You did great, in my humble opinion.  I can't even imagine me running that fast, lol.  Congrats on the PR and your race.

Too bad about the restroom wait; you were on a ferry, though?  You couldn't just 'hang it over the side" and pee in the water?  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

workinprogress11

Congrats on the sub 1:40. You are getting so speedy!  I'm sorry your foot is bothering you, though. I hope that heals quickly.   Great job!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Glad you are happy, or not unhappy. Congrats !!!

Docket_Rocket

Oh, your foot is what I saw on the dailies while checking the site before takeoff?  Congrats on the Sub-1:40!!! I love reading your reports and seeing your progress (and your sense of humor )

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if you were still feeling the effect of the Bronx race a bit, even if it was kind of "under the surface", if that makes sense?  But even still, way to gut out that sub-1:40; that is very impressive! 

Between that and Paine to Pain... I found pain.     Thanks!!

Running on boardwalks sounds *horrible*. Oof.

My thoughts exactly. Congrats on the sub-1:40! Big grin

IT IS.  At least it wasn't wet... wet boardwalks are the worst.  Thank you!

Awesome and congrats on earning your subscription 1:40 Smile those goals are tough to reach but worth it.

Thanks!

way to go!  dealing with the foot problem, etc. and still getting a pr shows you were ready for this. this pr will also go down soon...now take care of that foot...congrats!

Thanks!  I guess it's true because the last time I tried to rely solely on fitness to run sub-1:40 with an injury, it didn't work.  Apparently this time it did.

+1

You did great, in my humble opinion.  I can't even imagine me running that fast, lol.  Congrats on the PR and your race.

Too bad about the restroom wait; you were on a ferry, though?  You couldn't just 'hang it over the side" and pee in the water?   

Haha, nope, enclosed.  Though there actually WAS a restroom on the ferry... but I'd probably be scared to see the inside of that.

Congrats on the sub 1:40. You are getting so speedy!  I'm sorry your foot is bothering you, though. I hope that heals quickly.   Great job!

Thank you!  I'm afraid it might be peroneal tendinitis, and I hope I'm wrong because the last time I dealt with that, it took FOREVER to go away.  Ain't nobody got time for that.

Glad you are happy, or not unhappy. Congrats !!!

Thanks 

Oh, your foot is what I saw on the dailies while checking the site before takeoff?  Congrats on the Sub-1:40!!! I love reading your reports and seeing your progress (and your sense of humor )

YES, IT'S A FOOT!!  I don't even want to know what some of you people were imagining.  

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Brilliant

Heel pain in one foot and a blister on the other...WHAT ABOUT THE MAGIC SHOES?  Did they not work their awesome powers?

Great race.  Congrats on another PR!

delicate flower

Nice job, Blue!  Congrats on getting that 1:40 monkey off your back.  I agree that running on a boardwalk sucks.  It hurts the bottom of tired, tender feet.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I should have, right?!  Someone commented on NYRR's FB wall that that hill totally killed their mojo, and someone else posted this in response:

That pic must be deceptive. The hill doesn't look that bad and 100 ft gain in a mile isn't that steep. But then I raced for years in New England and PA isn't exactly flat.  I also find it more effective to save a little for the hills than to try and bank a little time, though your splits are very good through that section of the race with no more of a slow down than I would expect from the hill.

A PB is a PB so there's a big positive to take with you along with knowing you can run a lot faster on a flat course and no foot pain.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.