Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins, it's all black and white! (Read 15 times)

Amazonian Princess

Happy anniversary, Brilliant!

I plan to run the trail with lotsa underpasses tonight, since it's the closest to hilly terrain I can get to after work. Since neither RnR nor 2Cities have hills, just underpasses, I figure it's good practice.

Got to play with battle ropes last night during my session with the trainer and it was a hoot! Next time I have a Saturday session with her she has a ginormous tire I can try to flip, too

And saw pics from the 10k on Saturday and yet another photo caught my butt and legs - since I got some booty pop, DH is starting to call those pics "shelfies"

I can. I will. I am. 

Singer who runs a smidge

I was afraid to go into the politics thread.  Just the title seemed like a train wreck in the making.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Amazonian Princess

Yep, that politics thread has blown up. Controversial topics do garner a lot of attention.

Most controversial statement I think I've made lately is that macadamia nut Hershey's Kisses don't live up to the hype

I can. I will. I am. 

From the Internet.

OMG so much racism, ignorance, and hatred in that politics thread... This is why I only post on the Penguins threads.

I guess it says a lot about my background/upbringing that I thought it remained remarkably civil with the exception of FS's opinion on "illegals". My dad's whole side of the family is Fox News Republicans who think that whoever has the loudest opinion is the most right, so that makes pretty much anything else seem tame.

Amazonian Princess

I guess it says a lot about my background/upbringing that I thought it remained remarkably civil with the exception of FS's opinion on "illegals". My dad's whole side of the family is Fox News Republicans who think that whoever has the loudest opinion is the most right, so that makes pretty much anything else seem tame.

And I was raised not to talk about politics, religion, or sex in mixed company. Dad thought Mom walking around in curlers was indecent, and we were never allowed to sing out loud.  You'd think I was raised in the 1880's not the 1980's

I can. I will. I am. 

Docket_Rocket

If I learn something in law school is that the loudest voice usually loses

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page