Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Biscuit Monday (Read 22 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi guys and gals!  Hope everyone is having a happy and productive Monday.  Just stopping by to say "hi" - last week I was in Washington DC visiting a friend/vacationing so there wasn't much running to be had.  Did 3 of my planned 5 on the TM today and then got a last minute session with one of my regular students.  May do the remainder when I get home tonight but it seems unlikely.

traci - that sounds super painful Sad

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning, Penguins!!  Quartet coaching on Saturday was really good, but the drive to and from was about the hairiest thing I've ever done.  It started snowing about 8:30, and we had a couple of inches by the time DH and I left at 11:30.  He didn't want me to go alone so he ended up driving me.  The back roads were a disaster and even the interstate was a mess.  We managed to stay on the road, and then it cleared up as we got a bit farther along the interstate.  Coming back there was more snow on the roads, and it was sleeting like crazy.  30 mph on the interstate, and still sliding all over the place.  We made it home safe, thankfully, and pretty much everything got canceled for Sunday.  Woo-hoo!!

PAD -- have a good rest day!!

Stone -- yeah, the local kids were back to school today for the first time since last Monday.  Of course, they were delayed 2 hours even today!!

Docket -- have a good 8!!

Scotty -- hey, a high of 39 is chilly even for us Virginia folks!!  Well, for ME anyway ...

traci -- hoping the PT helps your shin today!!

Brilliant -- have a good 6 and yoga!!  Did everything loosen up after your 20 this weekend?

HsM, now I'm thinking of J.K. Simmons whenever you mention the quartet.

Hi Pens!

Being up the rear again. This is the time when I wind down and check in. By this time I know everyone what has probably called it quits for the day. I know I should be asleep by now with a 5am alarm ahead.

Made the rounds today...

Pearly whites are as healthy as always.

After decades of baby oil and iodine on the beaches of New Jersey, my skin is freckled but healthy. Whew!

Annual physical showed I'm still in prime form...except for ITBS . My doctor is a runner and confined my suspicion. She wrote an order for PT. She also complimented my runner's resting heart rate of 52.

I bought a roller and some bands and started exercises specific to the IT band. Plus on the calendar to meet with my PT. Same folks I went to when I was recovering from my broken back.

This weekend was my second anniversary of a sledding accident. I flew off a jump, fell 12 feet and fractured 3 vertebrae (2 burst and 1 compression). Feel so lucky I'm not writing with a pencil in my mouth...no joke. When I hit the year recovery mark and was able to run, I challenged myself to run a half marathon. With my third one scheduled for April, there's no turning back now. Silly ole sore knee, just try and stop me. 

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi Pens!

Being up the rear again. This is the time when I wind down and check in. By this time I know everyone what has probably called it quits for the day. I know I should be asleep by now with a 5am alarm ahead.

Made the rounds today...

Pearly whites are as healthy as always.

After decades of baby oil and iodine on the beaches of New Jersey, my skin is freckled but healthy. Whew!

Annual physical showed I'm still in prime form...except for ITBS . My doctor is a runner and confined my suspicion. She wrote an order for PT. She also complimented my runner's resting heart rate of 52.

I bought a roller and some bands and started exercises specific to the IT band. Plus on the calendar to meet with my PT. Same folks I went to when I was recovering from my broken back.

This weekend was my second anniversary of a sledding accident. I flew off a jump, fell 12 feet and fractured 3 vertebrae (2 burst and 1 compression). Feel so lucky I'm not writing with a pencil in my mouth...no joke. When I hit the year recovery mark and was able to run, I challenged myself to run a half marathon. With my third one scheduled for April, there's no turning back now. Silly ole sore knee, just try and stop me. 

I did not know you were a proctologist...

Good luck with the PT for the ITBS, I hope that is helpful for you.

Ouch on your accident! And way to come back from it.  Yeah, hitting the ground that hard is really no fun at all...I did that once long ago when the helicopter I was in fell out of the sky....ouch ouch ouch OUCH!  I can relate to what you went through for rehab...so a BIG congrats to you for coming back from that!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt