Beginners and Beyond

It's Monday-I know (Read 39 times)

Coastal

Sweet potatoes, roasted until the sweet syrup stuff oozes out.  Yum.  Why add anything?  Tried making them in the slow cooker once based on a tip.  Once.  Only once.  (OFR -- What movie was that quote from?)  Not doing that again.  By the way, I hate those sugary marshmallowed things some people (like my ex-inlaws) suffer through on holidays.

LM:  Great news.  Now take a few days and ease back into it.

3 miles on the TM tonight, then sat through a pretty dang good high school choir concert.  Knee is complaining a bit.  Probably too much inactivity.

Docket_Rocket

I don't eat any type of potatoes often (too many carbs, too much sugar), but I like both.  Sweet potatoes with just ghee and a bit of oil is the best thing in the world.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

oldfartrunner

Sweet potatoes, roasted until the sweet syrup stuff oozes out.  Yum.  Why add anything?  Tried making them in the slow cooker once based on a tip.  Once.  Only once.  (OFR -- What movie was that quote from?)  Not doing that again.  By the way, I hate those sugary marshmallowed things some people (like my ex-inlaws) suffer through on holidays.

LM:  Great news.  Now take a few days and ease back into it.

3 miles on the TM tonight, then sat through a pretty dang good high school choir concert.  Knee is complaining a bit.  Probably too much inactivity.

You talkin French fried taters-that's what I call um. Um huh?  Here ya go.  ...I like pumpkin pie with whipped cream instead of sweet potatoes, and hate peas too KC. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pz2kXoDo_s

Cyberic

Dave: Smoke it if you got it.

I smoked a lot of pot in my young days, and smoked cigarettes, too.

Now that I have nice pink lungs again, and a throat as tender as a baby's, smoking anything hurts. Marijuana is supposed to become legal in Canada very soon. When it does I might try it again as a replacement for Ibuprofen or other such OTC pills, but I'm not sure my throat and lungs will appreciate.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I smoked a lot of pot in my young days, and smoked cigarettes, too.

Now that I have nice pink lungs again, and a throat as tender as a baby's, smoking anything hurts. Marijuana is supposed to become legal in Canada very soon. When it does I might try it again as a replacement for Ibuprofen or other such OTC pills, but I'm not sure my throat and lungs will appreciate.

If it's legal for recreational use, my understanding is you can get edibles like candy or brownies.

Cyberic

If it's legal for recreational use, my understanding is you can get edibles like candy or brownies.

Oh! I hadn't thought of that. It will be pretty weird to be stoned after all these years. Wonder if I'll need to put Visine in my eyes to remove the red, or wear shades  

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I got yanked around by the doc, and heard my pelvis go "pop!" as it went back into place.  He said to go run, and call to report if it's better, worse, or the same.  It's 85 degrees here, so I decided to wait to try it out until this evening when it's a little cooler.

LM - That's great news (I hope)!  Doc's are usually on the conservative side, so if they say go run, then I'd say that's a green light.  At least test it out and see.  I know what you mean by getting out of the groove not running for a bit, but you gotta start somewhere :-).  Fingers crossed on your first run back!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

oldfartrunner

Oh! I hadn't thought of that. It will be pretty weird to be stoned after all these years. Wonder if I'll need to put Visine in my eyes to remove the red, or wear shades  

I'd say yes.  Part of the effect of pot is relieving pressure on the eyes, so stoner eyes you'll have...again.  I've got a heart valve problem, and it always messed with my heart, so I probably wouldn't ever do it again.

zzyzx

Yeah there are most definitely edibles Smile

LRB

I ate an edible about 6 years ago. I was higher than shit for 12 effing hours. I went for a run the next morning and felt as if I was walking, it was terrible.

That shit is way too strong as is everything related to the weed game these days. I don't know how people smoke and get anything done. I when I say anything I'm talking simple shit, like brushing your teeth. lol

I ate an edible about 6 years ago. I was higher than shit for 12 effing hours. I went for a run the next morning and felt as if I was walking, it was terrible.

That shit is way too strong as is everything related to the weed game these days. I don't know how people smoke and get anything done. I when I say anything I'm talking simple shit, like brushing your teeth. lol

It's legal out here & there are shops all over the friggin place. My wife & I both did our share in college, but nothing in ~30 years. She occasionally talks about giving it a try again; I consider that shit totally behind me. Plus back then I knew what was just the right amount, and could stop myself when I got there. I sure don't anymore, and getting past that point was not a fun experience for me.

Dave

Coastal

You talkin French fried taters-that's what I call um. Um huh?  Here ya go.  ...I like pumpkin pie with whipped cream instead of sweet potatoes, and hate peas too KC. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pz2kXoDo_s

Johnny Dangerously  My bad.  Got the quote wrong.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad9mlvyA84E