Beginners and Beyond

NYCM resolution: full refund or automatic (paid entry) through 2015 (Read 390 times)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Option 2 for me, likely in 2014.  Cannot justify another NYC trip so soon after the Sandy fiasco + Boston in April.

I think the resolution is fair; they did not have to offer refunds, but went ahead and offered them anyway.

Docket_Rocket

Seems like as fair a way to resolve things as possible without the whole thing going under. I especially like that there are several options.

I just don't get all the whining on the facebook page about people feeling like the "have to pay twice"...if you don't like option #2 (guaranteed entry in a future NYCM but being asked to pay entry at the 2012 rate), then get your full refund via option #1 and STFU. For people who don't like option #1 because they paid a lot of money to travel to NYC, they can't seriously expect NYRR to somehow reimburse peoples' travel expenses can they?..so again, STFU! (I guess I'm grumpy this morning).

Exactly.  I've read so many people being unhappy and angry about the options.  I think they are the best options they could've come up with.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I wasn't affected by it at all, but I think the flexibility of options is great.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

sheepla

That seems like a fair response to a very unique situation.

I do like them spreading the 'hold over' entries over the next few years. Hopefully that will reduce the registration pressure on 2013.

My thoughts exactly. Seems like a good solution.

Angelbethany

Any word on if there will be a lottery again in the next few years?