Beginners and Beyond

But it's Friday (Read 42 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Hell has officially frozen over: I ACTUALLY GOT TO DIVE.  

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

I heard from my coach today and have a short term plan set.  Another easy week, then start focusing on the running again, and run the Hartford Marathon on Oct 8.  Coach thinks I can have a good race.

Yay!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Great, blue!

9 with 6 X 800m. Some idiot did two workouts of intervals this week. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I heard from my coach today and have a short term plan set.  Another easy week, then start focusing on the running again, and run the Hartford Marathon on Oct 8.  Coach thinks I can have a good race.

Coach thinks, but are YOU ready for that? Damn, don't you want a break or something? That's in what, 6 weeks?

Cyberic

I ran 11 with 3x2 miles, 3 min recoveries

That sure is similar to what I'll be doing Tuesday, except my recoveries will be a bit longer, 800 m, so more like 4:15-4:30.

Cyberic

Great, blue!

9 with 6 X 800m. Some idiot did two workouts of intervals this week. 

Your running seems to be going well, lately.

Docket_Rocket

Your running seems to be going well, lately.

Thanks!  I hope so.  Considering all the shit we've gone through lately, it's a miracle.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Running them as one split is better, but my stupid but runs them as two splits of one mile. That way, I can make sure I'm keeping my pace consistent through the whole interval. Wink

Zelanie

Phil, imagine how luxurious it will feel lounging around in the starting corral instead of, say, racing for 8 hours before your marathon.

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 slow and hilly miles. The 3 nice days this week were a tease, it was hot and humid again tonight,

Baboon, 26.2 miles should seem like nothing after an Ironman.

onemile

Running them as one split is better, but my stupid but runs them as two splits of one mile. That way, it doesn't seem as long even though it's the same distance.

I actually combined it after the fact. 

I ran it at the indoor track because it's cool, flat and uninterrupted and they have a 2 mile marker (8th lap).  So, my watch gave me splits of like:

6:47

6:40

:27

The :27 was what it took me to get to the 2 mile marker *after* my garmin split mile 2 -- so to distribute that across the 2 miles, I just combined it.

YEAH BABY!!

You will crush it. A little old marathon will feel like a color run. You will get your BQ, then I will get mine the next day. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

So, Rubio had tested positive for FIV (HIV for cats) in the last checkup and the doctor kept telling me he must have caught it outside, even though he had not gone outside in 5 years. Understandable since they had stray on his record, so they thought he was still a stray.  I fought it and paid for a third selective test (he got a positive on a test that has a low chance of a false positive so I asked to retest it).  Today, I called and he got a negative. Phew.  We don't care if he is FIV positive, but it is nice to know he is OK and not FIV +.

Damaris

Fundraising Page