Beginners and Beyond

Punctual Penguins on Thursday (Read 13 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

It's national punctuation day!

'

Also, I ran my tempo run last night, but had to enter it manually because my Garmin wouldn't sync.  RD today so that we can go see DD's senior pics! Smile

PADRunner

Happily punctuated.

6 done this morning another group workout tonight.

Docket_Rocket

OK, even though PAD was first, he quit.  So, Pilates and 7 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

PAD, I loved the blue penguin...you could still post it here. Smile  Enjoy the double.

Zel, unnecessary quotes are my "favorite"!    Have fun with your dd tonight.

Damaris, the moderator's job is never easy. 

Meeting a friend this morning for an easy run.  She has been trying to get back into running so it will probably be a super-slow 4 miles.

Zelanie

Yes, let's have the blue penguin join us!

PAD- GL on the double!

D- Thanks for cleaning up our messes. Smile

Brilliant- Have a "great" "easy" run! Wink

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi pens!

Punctuation is totally overrated!

I like eating my dog and my friends.  ;-)

Anyway, I've got 7 on tap.  I think I'm going to do them on the TM because pollen and abundant sunshine make the outside world scary.  Also I kinda want to zone out and watch TV and not have to worry about assholes in cars hitting me.  People really need to stop texting while driving. (Nope, didn't get hit or anything, but had a car get within a foot or so of me and it freaked me out)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did hills yesterday after work at Fort Sam Houston.  93 degrees, lots of sunshine, no shade = terrible run.  I did manage to run all the hills, but I ended up walking a lot more than planned.  Ended up with 3.6 miles done at really slow 12-something minute miles. A bit dizzy when I got back to the gym so I think I got a tad dehydrated.   I got a cold gatorade from the gym store and sat in the gym a/c slowly sipping my ade and feeling much better after a while.  Oh well, even a bad run is better than not being able to run at all.    Today I took an early lunch from work and at 10 a.m. and got a run/walk done around the campus of the university where I work.  Mucho better run today.   3.3 easy miles, temp was about 79 degrees and the humidity and dewpoint were nice and low.  Did all my running segments very well and felt great.  What a difference from yesterday!  That's the way running is, you just never know what's going to happen until you get out there.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jill.

Penguin Power!

7.2 done on the treadmill.

I also got my flu vaccine, so if my posts start getting wacky you'll know that I've developed adult onset autism ;-)  I figure I don't want to mess around with getting the flu this year re: marathon training.  Now I need to badger my husband into getting his as well.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

hog4life

Jill, that seems a bit early for the flu shot, but maybe we are always just behind in getting ours down here in the south.

Another zero for me today, but my ankle feels quite normal now, so I plan to do a few easy with possible walk breaks in the morning. I sure hope that I can salvage my marathon training. I'd like to get one more 18-20 miler in before Oct 18 but wil just have to wait and see.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Jill, that seems a bit early for the flu shot, but maybe we are always just behind in getting ours down here in the south.

Another zero for me today, but my ankle feels quite normal now, so I plan to do a few easy with possible walk breaks in the morning. I sure hope that I can salvage my marathon training. I'd like to get one more 18-20 miler in before Oct 18 but wil just have to wait and see.

Mitch - it was available at the pharmacy when I went to pick up my new inhaler.  In NY at least you can get the flu shot from a pharmacist and I think that pharmacies may be one of the first places to stock them.  Last year I waited until it was too late and they had run out of the type of flu shot covered by my insurance plan.  Since I was there anyway I took the opportunity to get the flu shot.  I figured related to my running this was the best time to get it -- not next week when I have a HM over the weekend, or the following week when I have a 20 mile run.  So far my only reaction is a sore arm.