Beginners and Beyond

Sugar Rush WEDnesdailies (Read 46 times)

Cyberic

HECK.

Podiatrist appointment today. Plantar fasciitis, 6-8 more weeks off at a minimum, maybe as much as 3-6 months. Not allowed to even attempt to run until the attachment point where I have pain now is better and even then it'll be walking first, then just a couple minutes running at a time. I'm gonna die, probably.

HECK. FUCK

Podiatrist appointment today. Plantar fasciitis, 6-8 more weeks off at a minimum, maybe as much as 3-6 months. Not allowed to even attempt to run until the attachment point where I have pain now is better and even then it'll be walking first, then just a couple minutes running at a time. I'm gonna die, probably.

If anything deserves one.

Dave

Coastal

Please please running deities, make this shit go away fast so I can do my LR on Sunday.

LM:  Instant classic!  Written like you are a truly obsessed runner.  Hope the worst is over and you feel better now that you have medication.

Chocolate!  I like most forms of chocolate and can even eat dirt chocolate (the 93% unsweetened cocoa stuff).  Anybody else ever had a bacon  and Nutella sandwich?  They are even better with extra Nutella and bacon.  Gotta agree with Bluerun on white chocolate.   But it is candy so I can eat that, too. 

bluerun

Super B****

LM:  Instant classic!  Written like you are a truly obsessed runner.  Hope the worst is over and you feel better now that you have medication.

Chocolate!  I like most forms of chocolate and can even eat dirt chocolate (the 93% unsweetened cocoa stuff).  Anybody else ever had a bacon  and Nutella sandwich?  They are even better with extra Nutella and bacon.  Gotta agree with Bluerun on white chocolate.   But it is candy so I can eat that, too. 

I eat 100% straight up, so 93% is hardly dirt to me. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

HECK.

Well, that sucks.  Profanity is definitely appropriate.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Coastal

I eat 100% straight up, so 93% is hardly dirt to me. 

Oddly enough, my GF says the same thing.

5k face.

Dave

Cyberic

Love the shirt, Dave. I'd wear it all the time. It would be my favorite shirt, if it's comfortable, of course.

Yeah, it's a 5k face all right

GinnyinPA

Lauren - I'm so sorry to hear this.  Are you wearing a night splint?

oldfartrunner

HECK.

PF sucks for sure. Sad When it's bad you have to let it cool down and ice it, and try and stay off it (it was about 4-6 months for me) then you have to find what works to keep it at bay. For me its rolling my foot on a golf ball daily, and even when I get up at night to pee  a lot of times I'll roll it to keep it loose. Also doing heel drops that strengthen the foot, AT, and calves, bending the big toes back and at the joints, and to the side. Basically increasing the range of motion of the big toes. Keeping the weight as low as possible helps too. If I get 5lbs over my current weight, it flares up.  Adding mileage will have to slow, likewise with speed work. Got to get the foot strengthened first.

I started by walking, then running a few minutes, and kept building until I could run. It took me trial and error to find the combo above that helps me. You never really get over it, you just manage it-at least in my experience. Having said that, I'm pretty well pain free as long as I keep the protocol up, which is not too bad because the calves and AT are weak points for most runners anyway.

oldfartrunner

Love the shirt, Dave. I'd wear it all the time. It would be my favorite shirt, if it's comfortable, of course.

+1 to this Dave! Nice pic!

It's your standard cheapo race shirt material, but yeah it's kind of cool. I've worn it to a couple other races. It's from last year's race. They actually ran out of shirts in my size this year. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LawyerMom, feel better!

Damaris

twistedlogicnz

Runs on beer

The darker the chocolate the better Big grin oooo and add some chilli to it too!

PBs: 23:10 (5K), 49:20 (10K), 1:49:07 (HM - gun time), 4:11:41 (M)

RunningOnSand

The darker the chocolate the better Big grin oooo and add some chilli to it too!

And beer?

i don’t discriminate with chocolate. I love it all. Big grin

Dave, great pic!

LM, feel better!

lauren, that sucks. I had PF pretty bad too a couple years ago. It’s awful.

5.84 easy Treadmill miles.