Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies let's show some hustle! (Read 35 times)

From the Internet.

I do 3 mile cooldowns sometimes, but I don't like *any* of that last mile. Two seems to be my sweet spot.

I do 3 mile cooldowns sometimes, but I don't like *any* of that last mile. Two seems to be my sweet spot.

I wouldn't call 2 my sweet spot, because it sucks, but it's pretty much my standard.

Dave

onemile

I wouldn't call 2 my sweet spot, because it sucks, but it's pretty much my standard.

When I only have 1 it feels like a gift

LRB

It's incredibly difficult to single out one person (not to mention totally unfair) given the volume of runners who have come through the forums over the years, but B-Plus ran 3-10-3 training for Chicago 2013 like the last 3 were steps, not miles. But then again his PR is something stupid like 2:53, set at Boston of all places, so there you go.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Some abdominal and core strengthening, and then 2-3 hours of pulling carpet, carpet mats, staples, tack strips, and carrying the crappie out to hubby's truck........ I'm pooped...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

I am at the beach. Have a conference later in the week, but getting some beach time in beforehand. I ran from Balboa Island to Huntington Beach, but didn't quite make it to the HB pier before I hit my turnaround for 14 miles. My run included a short ferry ride each way, but both times it was fast enough that I was just getting to the other side when the watch tried to pause.

I forgot that in March, especially with the winter we've had, I just don't have the base tan to go run in direct mid-day sun with no suncreen. I got a tan line across my forehead from my hat, and I think my upper arms burned.

DaveP, if they ever send you down this way again, the map in my log shows the route I was trying to describe to you when you were here.

I went MIA for a few days and FS shows up?