Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies are all wet. (Read 40 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

RunningonSand, big congrats on your half marathon over the weekend! you should write a race report.

Yes, and Yes!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

GinnyinPA

Batya - I hope you can find some sort of exercise you can do while you are healing. When I had my pelvic stress fracture I was able to use a stationary bike. That was the only thing that kept me halfway sane.

My first marathon:

1 10:00

2 9:39

3 9:42

4 9:33

5 9:39

6 9:50

7 9:47

8 9:58

9 9:40

10 9:49

11 9:50

12 9:41

13 9:37

14 9:26

15 9:56

16 9:47

17 9:52

18 10:08

19 10:04

20 10:04

21 9:59

22 10:30

23 10:05

24 10:48

25 11:10

26 10:03

.27 9:50

My goal was 10 minute miles. I always go out too fast, but I ended up with a 4:21:14

LRB

Heh, well I still do that.

True, but that's your you. I (the runner I eventually became) would consider that overdressed in 34 degrees, and anything higher would increase that sentiment exponentially.

LRB

Not too bad, especially in those temps

The true definition of ignorance being bliss. I was so calm that morning, I had no idea what I was in for. I couldn't understand why I was fading. I might as well been wearing a blanket. lol

LRB

Batya - I hope you can find some sort of exercise you can do while you are healing. When I had my pelvic stress fracture I was able to use a stationary bike. That was the only thing that kept me halfway sane.

My first marathon:

1 10:00

2 9:39

3 9:42

4 9:33

5 9:39

6 9:50

7 9:47

8 9:58

9 9:40

10 9:49

11 9:50

12 9:41

13 9:37

14 9:26

15 9:56

16 9:47

17 9:52

18 10:08

19 10:04

20 10:04

21 9:59

22 10:30

23 10:05

24 10:48

25 11:10

26 10:03

.27 9:50

My goal was 10 minute miles. I always go out too fast, but I ended up with a 4:21:14

After all of the setbacks you endured, that you even toed the line in the first place was impressive, let alone finish in a respectable manner.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. My foot got a little cranky after last night's run, so iced it last night & this morning.

Docket, hope everything went well.

sdWhiskers, hopefully there is a way to fix it without all the digging. We went with a contractor who quoted us a higher price up front, but it included heavy equipment. There is a way that the water line can somehow be replaced by pulling the old one. Some quoted us just based on the simple fix, with the caveat that if they had to dig, it would cost a lot more.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yo runners.  I have run.  3.5 Saturday, 20 Sunday, 6.5 this morning.

This week starts The Taper.  I can't even.

Docket, hope it went well.  Is this angio while he's awake to test brain function, or is this something else entirely?  Either way, good thoughts, prayers, vibes, and virtual martinis.

It was to try to embolize (burn/kill) the tumor vessels ahead of the surgery. They couldn’t do it because they are too small.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

onemile, what’s dry needling?

Runshortii, great six-miler. You’ll get there.

sdWhiskers, bravo braving those awful winds and doing six miles. I hope that the leak is fixed ASAP.

LawyerMom17, great runs.

7.0 miles in 1:02:33. 9:08 pace. I feel great.

I hope that I don’t become a raging b**** when I can’t run for the month or so after my surgery. While I’ll be thrilled to have the bloody dictator deposed, not being as physically active will be emotionally difficult to handle.

What kind of surgery are they doing?  Mine was laparoscopic and robotic and I was cycling after 7 days and run/walking in 20 days.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They were unable to do the full angio but still he had to remain horizontal for 6 hours. His mom and aunt cane by and now I need some peace and quiet while he is on the MRI machine. Unfortunately, the person in the other room has like 30 family members there and they sound like they are about to pull the dominoes out. Lol.

Talked to the surgeon.  He is still a god and super calmed about all this. I’ll try to follow his example, but I am not the one with a second brain surgery in two years. 🤷‍♀️

Damaris

Coastal

RunningonSand, big congrats on your half marathon over the weekend! you should write a race report.

Yes, you should 

Had a long meeting after work.  No run or work out.

RunningOnSand

They were unable to do the full angio but still he had to remain horizontal for 6 hours. His mom and aunt cane by and now I need some peace and quiet while he is on the MRI machine. Unfortunately, the person in the other room has like 30 family members there and they sound like they are about to pull the dominoes out. Lol.

Talked to the surgeon.  He is still a god and super calmed about all this. I’ll try to follow his example, but I am not the one with a second brain surgery in two years. 🤷‍♀️

D, dude, all I can say is wow. Of course you’re scared/nervous/not calm. Maybe sign up for a bunch more races to keep your mind off things? Or buy some InknBurn gear? Smuggle in a martini? So glad the surgeon seems amazing. Your hubby seems like he’s in excellent hands.

For sheezy ill I’ll write a RR!

Quickadder

My first marathon was 6 weeks ago in 4:38. I had a 28 minute positive split LOL

My first marathon was almost a year ago in 4:32. I had a 26 minute positive split LOL.

Running my second marathon on Sunday - same course - wonder if I have learned anything?

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

My first marathon was almost a year ago in 4:32. I had a 26 minute positive split LOL.

Running my second marathon on Sunday - same course - wonder if I have learned anything?

If you're running another one, you haven't learned that much. 

Dave