Beginners and Beyond

What race are you looking forward to the most this year? (Read 107 times)

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

I have 2 GOAL RACES this year (HM on 5/26 - trying for sub-122, FM on 10/13 - trying for sub-3) and of the two I think the one I'm more looking forward to is the fall marathon.

The 43rd Annual Green Mountain Marathon in South Hero, VT - October 13, 2013

- fairly flat course

- cooler racing weather

- low altitude

- small race

- well-organized

And most importantly (well next to sub-3), it's a great opportunity for a FE. Smile

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

Docket_Rocket

You're wife is awesome.  Have fun at the event.

A local 5k that the wife and I have done a few times together.  She wasn't that into running, but she was a good sport and did it with me in 2010 and 2011.  We were signed up to do it again in the fall of 2012, and two days before the race she was diagnosed with MS, so we bailed to deal with that, both on the physical end and the emotional fall out.

To her credit, my wife is determined to not let MS run her life, and she has been running like a mad woman as of late.  We are signed up, good to go and I am just waiting for the beatdown she is going to put on me!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

The Mc

You're wife is awesome.  Have fun at the event.

she is a wonderful and tough woman.  I hope that will make it easier for me to deal with her leaving me in the dust!

Papa don't take no mess.

runmomto3boys

All three of my marathons: Green Bay, Lakefront and Route 66.  Not one more than the other either.  I'm just excited to run some more races!

sirdizzy

Stg Half Ironman 70.3 May 9th wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if I have to crawl across the finish line I will.

Jess runs for bacon

All three of my marathons: Green Bay, Lakefront and Route 66.  Not one more than the other either.  I'm just excited to run some more races!

Is the Route 66 half the same day as the marathon?

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Is the Route 66 half the same day as the marathon?

Yes, I'm in the Half as well - looking forward to the race but more for the FE and the fun time than a PR....though a shiny new PR would be nice too!! Cool

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

bobruns

Fairfield HM in June.  It took me a while to choose my HM this year.  It is always a "girly weekend" with my sister and BFF.  They don't run but come as moral support and cheer (wine, food & shopping).  Last year ended up in disaster on Cape Cod with a pulled tendon on my foot 7 miles in and I walked the 6 back.  I am now all healed and ready to go!  Fairfield CT here I come!  Big grin

Like hipfan, I have 2 goal races this year also.  I'm pretty certain we are both running the same HM in May.  This will be my 4th time running it so it's a nice benchmark race for me.  I've PR'ed each year, and am hoping to do so again (1:57).

This fall, I am running the Mount Desert Island marathon in Bar Harbor, Maine.  It's a hilly course, so I'm not sure about a PR there, but I am looking forward to travelling there to visit all of my family and friends.  And the course looks beautiful.  So I'd say this is the one I'm most excited about.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Chambersburg Half march 9th as it was my first race and I live less than 2m from start.Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

bluerun

Super B****

I would say the Jerusalem half, considering I've been chasing the damn thing for THREE YEARS, but with the way my foot is behaving right now... yeah, don't talk to me if you want to keep your head.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Jess runs for bacon

Yes, I'm in the Half as well - looking forward to the race but more for the FE and the fun time than a PR....though a shiny new PR would be nice too!! Cool

Two truths: I really want to run this one for the medal and the chance to meet Heidi, LOL!

runmomto3boys

Two truths: I really want to run this one for the medal and the chance to meet Heidi, LOL!

I LOVE YOU!!!!  I'd love to meet you too, Jess!!!  Come run it - there are 10 of us heading to that race from all over the place!!  I'd love to meet you and the HM is nutso fast: a downhill course!

Chairman

The 10000 at the world champs this year. I want to see if the Rupper can move up a spot from London.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

From the Internet.

I don't have anything specific planned yet but I'm excited for the fall when, barring all extenuating circumstances, my base will be more solid and I'll be in better shape to actually race something. I had my first HM planned for the end of April but that's still totally up in the air and even if I do run it I certainly won't be racing it - still making my comeback from shin splints, so I'd consider it a destination long run.