Beginners and Beyond

A Penguin in Paris fin de semaine (Read 39 times)

tracilynn

Sapf- that sucks about your fall. Hope the knee is okay

Lawsuit? Jk.

go Damaris!

good luck today Zel!

Ginny, nice run. Glad he found his way out. We just got a Texas Roadhouse here. I hear their rolls are good so I need to stay away for sure. Ha

I have rested my shin for a week so I will try some intervals later. Beautiful day!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

The runner tracking in Paris is weird, but I think it's telling me that Damaris finished.

I am getting ready to run the local HM.  Not race it, but show up and do my miles in a hopefully fun way.  And maybe a tad bit of racing if I feel like it partway through.  My friend is running it as a MP run, so I may just go with her.  We can talk at MP. Smile

This race was my first HM two years ago, and it blew out my knee.  Then I ran it again last year, and my friend (the same one who is doing the MP run today) passed out on course and was taken away by ambulance.  I got to run to the finish to tell her mom and kids where to find her.

So this race and I have issues.  That's a main reason why I didn't sign up.  But, somebody from our running club had an extra bib, everybody I know will be there, and I'm going to be running the miles today anyway.  So, I will run them along the race course.  And hopefully get a fun memory to replace the bad ones.

GinnyinPA

Melanie - sounds like a good way to get rid of the curse of this course.

Traci - They have very good rolls, but at least they're small and we never get seconds (though they usually offer since they're gone in about 2 minutes.).  I like the grilled salmon with a sweet potato, so it's at least a little healthy if I choose that or the filet.

sapf - sorry you're having such a hard time this weekend.  Ouch. I hope you were able to finish the race.

Docket_Rocket

I finished. But it was close!  I had an asthma attack halfway through the race and a side stitch for the last 10 miles. I matched my PR so there is that but I know I am

faster than that.  Anyway, eating shit up right now. Lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Jill, I'm sorry about your fall...in TJs of all places, it seems it should have been on a run!  Hope you are healed up soon.

Kathleen, I have no idea what you said except I'm pretty sure you wished Damaris good luck. Smile

Ginny, I'm glad you found your guys safe - I'd have been a little freaked out!

Zel, have a great race/MP run today.  Conquer that course!

Traci, enjoy the beautiful day with those intervals.

6.7 hilly miles done this morning.

MTA:  WAY TO GO D!!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Ran the 4 mile race in 39:35 which is a PR for the distance by about a minute Smile more importantly it gives me a nyrr pace faster than 10:00 so now I'll finally be ahead of all of the default pace people. Last year at the brooklyn half I got slowed down by a lot of people who had been assigned the default pace because they'd never done a nyrr race before but who were actually 12+ minute per mile runners. My husband was nice enough to pace me. I think had I not banged my knee at tjs yesterday I could have easily finished the race a minute or two faster.

congrats d!

enjoy the HM  zel Smile. Running with people is more fun than running alone.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on the PR, Jill.  Watch out for those grapes at TJ's.

GinnyinPA

Damaris - congratulations on doing so well, despite the asthma.  Sorry it felt like a bad race.

Jill - good job on the PR, despite the sore knee.

Allison - good job on the hills this morning.

Today was a beautiful day for my short long run, 63 and sunny.  I ran an easy 12 miles into town and back.  A little hilly but not too bad.  Lots of folks on motorcycles were out enjoying the day, but surprisingly no bikes and only one other runner.  Everybody was busy working on their yards.  I actually saw some children climbing a tree, which made me smile, as did a couple of very cute baby goats.

Zelanie

We showed that course what we were made of. Great run. We intentionally took it easy through mile 7, then turned it up. It was a blast the whole way. I got to run with my RP past where she was unconscious last year. Then she went ahead because she is tough like that. I still had a strong finish and a goofy grin in the stadium. Goodbye, race demons.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

4 miles done today. Did them at Randolph Air Force Base, starting from Rambler Fitness Center. Was going to do a weight training circuit after my run, but Mother Nature decided to dump a lot of rain on my while I was out there, so I got thoroughly wet - and had a lot of fun splashing in all the puddles. Got back to the gym and passed on the weight training as I decided it probably would not be nice to subject the other gym goers to my wet dog smell.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brilliant

Ginny, your "short long run" sounds lovely!

Jill - congrats on the PR!!  And getting ahead of the default corral - that can make a huge difference.

Zel, nice run!

Hiya Scotty!

Good to hear about all the successful races and runs today.

AFM - the cold I'd been feeling coming on hit full force today in my chest. I was stopped to run 12, but didn't. This next week is my taper before my HM on Saturday. I thought running longlong while sick would do more harm and delay recovery. Crud.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K