Beginners and Beyond

32.6 Mile Challenge, Double RR (Read 70 times)

Zelanie

Oh my gosh, we had exactly the same race on Sunday, didn't we?  Same temps even!  I'm sure we could both have done without the medical assist stop at mile 10, though!  Hope your guy was OK with a little help.  I didn't have the excuse of a tri the day before and a HM last week, either! 

Congrats on completing your first duathlon.  I am glad that you and DW are enjoying biking together.  I think it makes sense to buy the bike based on what you'll mostly be using it for if you don't plan to race frequently.

I am wondering about the transition, though, mainly because I don't know a thing about cycling equipment- is there a reason the biking or running shorts wouldn't work for the entire event?

tracilynn

Congrats Mitch! What an action packed weekend for you!  It was really hot Sunday and I heard complaints from a couple friends that there were not enough aid/water stations.   Great pics and I love the bridge street medal. We are lucky to live in a great running community here.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Zel, they do make a running/biking short(tri), I just haven't bought any yet because not sure if I'll keep doing these.

Traci, they really needed more water and Gatorade. People coming into the finish line were stumbling about trying to push people out of the way to get a drink. It wasn't pleasant for some I'm sure. And I do love this community we live in. I hope to start doing more on the trails at Monte Sano, I think that will be a nice change.

happylily

Absolutely incredible! Where do you find all that energy? Bravo, Mitch! And you are looking younger and fitter every time I see new pictures of you. Very nice!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Great, great, stuff, Hog. That was a fun read. If I could borrow a bike, the duathlon is something I would like to try someday. Those are some great pictures you have. I like the one with the GU. Also, I have used the Ryan Hall plan and have had success with it. Keep up the great work.

LRB

Very impressive Mitch, and very nice and vivid pics too!  I am sure that whiskey came in handy for your recovery. 

Just B.S.

Great job Mitch!!!

Hubby and I started with duathlons in 2008 before eventually getting into tri's. It's a great way for

runners to start in the sport and see that it's a lot of fun and that triathletes are people too and can

in fact be just as nice and supportive as runners Smile Plus the training from swim/cycle is a great

form of keeping your body strong and working other muscle groups.

We did the same combo (duathlon on Saturday, half on Sunday) back in 2011 and it was challening

but fun.  You did amazing!

Hope to see you doing more!