Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies: It might be hot and humid. (Read 37 times)

LRB

I do that all the time. It's not that I don't remember their name. It's that I have no recollection of ever meeting/knowing/partying with them.  I can't even chalk it up to old age because I've always been this way.

Edited for extraneous comma.

I know a million people, but there's a million more than that that know me. lol

LRB

Hmm, dewpoint is 77 right now. Don't think I'll be running right after work, well, the thunderstorms may also play a role.

LRB, I had that happen last month. I was working at a job fair and someone recognized me from classes we had as undergrads 20 years ago. Still have no clue and do not remember the person.

Usually, it's something out of the ordinary that brings it back, like someone who drove a turquoise colored car or had a cat with three legs. If there is nothing like that, I might struggle remembering them.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. DH and I went out for dinner, so running after that was out of the question.

LRB, I couldn't even tell you what many of the general ed classes I took in college were, much less remember who was in them. I don't know that I'd recognize many people from my master's classes, and that was 5 years ago.

Cyberic

Usually, it's something out of the ordinary that brings it back, like someone who drove a turquoise colored car or had a cat with three legs. If there is nothing like that, I might struggle remembering them.

I'm 6'6" and have the same shape I had at 18. I also have as much hair as before, just much whiter. People recognize me.

But most of the guys I knew back then are now over weight and bald. No turquoise colored cat to help me remember.

Docket_Rocket

Pilates and 6 miles done.

Not sure how much I will be able to run next week until at least the end of the week as my husband is heading to brain surgery on Tuesday because of a large brain tumor (believed to be benign).  He was OKd to do Chicago RnR HM this weekend so we will be running it before he heads to surgery.  I will spare you the picture (unless you beg, LOL).  We are hopeful and he will be in the best neurosurgeon hands in Miami.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I'm 6'6" and have the same shape I had at 18. I also have as much hair as before, just much whiter. People recognize me.

But most of the guys I knew back then are now over weight and bald. No turquoise colored cat to help me remember.

Note to self: Get a turquoise colored cat...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, wow, that's really scary. Hope you and DH have a great time in Chicago and good to hear he'll be in great hands.

Docket_Rocket

Docket, wow, that's really scary. Hope you and DH have a great time in Chicago and good to hear he'll be in great hands.

Thanks!

Damaris

Fundraising Page