Beginners and Beyond

National Cafe Au Lait Penguin Wednesday (Read 15 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!

National Cafe Au Lait Day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have an RD but might lift weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Got 5 done this morning.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning. I'm going to try to run a bit in the national park here after lunch. I haven't been doing as much running here because of long days of tourism and very icy conditions. It snowed yesterday so I should have a bit more traction than running on straight up ice.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

So much for going to Iceland to warm up!

I ran my 8x600 last night and they went well.  Tonight it's just 1 mile, plus we're going to go see Hail Caesar.

Singer who runs a smidge

Was there not a Tuesday Penguin thread at all?  I usually go back and catch up on what I missed, but I seem to have missed Tuesday altogether!!  Well, we had a nice snow/ice storm move in on Monday, which closed my university and handed me a snow day.  It was still pretty icy yesterday morning, so I worked from home even though it cleared up pretty nicely around noon.  My chorus had a gig at an assisted living facility last night, and I wasn't all that impressed with how we sounded.  Not one of our better performances, but the audience loved it, so that's something.  Imagine how blown away they'd have been if we had actually sounded good!!  Anyway, quartet rehearsal tonight, then chorus rehearsal tomorrow, and then I leave for Ft. Lauderdale on Friday for a conference.  Woo-hoo, warmth!!

Docket -- have a good RD and weights!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 5 done!!

Jill -- Hope you're having a blast, and good luck with your after lunch run!!

Zelanie -- Enjoy your just one mile!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.5 pot hole run.

Congrats Jill on beating up on my team last week Sad