Beginners and Beyond

Finally - a race report from Ireland marathon Sept 29 - incredibly horribly long!! (Read 105 times)

No more marathons

Thanks for sharing that Beth - I need to start making plans to visit Ireland.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

hog4life

I have been waiting for this, and frankly, it was worth the wait. Congratulations to you and your husband, and thank you for sharing your amazing journey!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

What a beautiful experience! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Amazing.  That is all.

happylily

I'm glad that you and your husband enjoyed Ireland. You two are like travelling love birds. Smile Congratulations on making this trip a happy, running-related, experience! And your pictures are beautiful, as always. :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

What an adventure!  Congrats and thanks!

Congrats, and thanks for the thoroughly entertaining RR!  I just love the whole Mooathon concept.

StepbyStep-SH

Truly magical memories. Thank you for taking us along with you!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What a great report, Beth!  That was not 'horribly'  long at all, it was "wonderfully' long, I read every word and you certainly have a knack for telling a story!  Great report, great photos, wonderful experience for you....."Riley" being there for you, meeting and helping Conor, getting your charm, conquering the hills, and what great scenery, just beautiful!  The part about the sheep made me laugh.  I did a 10K in Wales, VERY hilly, and we were stopped by sheep around mile 4...hundreds of sheep crossing in front of us, lol.  It was funny..and also SO local, we "visitor' runners just had to laugh...no PR that day, lol.

Congrats to you and your hubby.  As Conor said "Ireland is a magical place..."  and you certainly got your share of some of that magic!

You have a really good heart, Beth.  It is a real honor to know you.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

You tell one helluva story!

Docket_Rocket

I mentioned it in the marathoner dailies RR there but awesome pics and sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

wow, I'm kinda speechless after reading that.  I can't even think of a word that sums it up *enough*  Awesome just doesn't seem awesome enough.  Great pics, great fun.  Just awesome.  ha!

So sweet of you helping him finish his first marathon.  I bet he will never forget about you and he will probably think of you every single time he crosses the finish line in the future.

good stuff thereSmile

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Thank you for sharing your story and photos with us!  Sounds like an absolutely magical experience.

What ended up happening to the dog?

Just B.S.

Hip Redux

What a great RR and trip report.   So glad you had a good time!