Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: So easy, a cave man can do it (Read 45 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Less than a week left out here, thankfully! Tired of no internet and running on the dreadmill. I do have to say though, that I'm really enjoying my HM training plan. All this time I've been dreading speed work, but I actually like it. Although, I think piloting the space shuttle might be easier than doing hill sprints on a treadmill! LOL I swear I was pushing buttons the entire run, but it did make the time go by quickly.

Am I the only one that thinks picking an LT pace is kinda tough? I'm loving the split LT runs (I think some folks call them cruise intervals?). I've been bumping the pace up a lil each week, going good so far. Next week's LT run will be on the road (woohoo!), so the pace probably won't be as exact (at least the treadmill is good for something lol), but I'll try to push it a lil more.

Hope everyone is doing well!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Brooks saturation series. Limited edition shoes.I think I like multi-colored bright shoes, but maybe these will ease you into brighter shoes.

MY EYES!!!!

Dave

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Hey everyone!

Less than a week left out here, thankfully! Tired of no internet and running on the dreadmill. I do have to say though, that I'm really enjoying my HM training plan. All this time I've been dreading speed work, but I actually like it. Although, I think piloting the space shuttle might be easier than doing hill sprints on a treadmill! LOL I swear I was pushing buttons the entire run, but it did make the time go by quickly.

Am I the only one that thinks picking an LT pace is kinda tough? I'm loving the split LT runs (I think some folks call them cruise intervals?). I've been bumping the pace up a lil each week, going good so far. Next week's LT run will be on the road (woohoo!), so the pace probably won't be as exact (at least the treadmill is good for something lol), but I'll try to push it a lil more.

Hope everyone is doing well!

See my post above.  Ouch.  I am sore and it felt a bit hard.  My LTs are at HMP or thereabouts so not necessarily LT (more like Pfitz' tempo) but I have been so not doing that pace in years it felt odd.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

MY EYES!!!!

You meant this!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

8@7:13 in grass while DD was soccer practicing.

yup I'm the dad training around the fields while the rest hang out chatting  and watching their kids exercise...

D^2 - hey!  Glad all is well.

Sly - Grass.  Hahahahahalol.

12.6 GA today felt easy, I think the post-marathon sluggish/achy crud is finally going away.

So on the indoor track, sometimes groups of slow/old/fat/all of the above will impede progress, as there are only 3 lanes.  I like to time a spin move to hit the gap as it opens.  Today, a bunch of kids, 10-12 years old maybe, were running.  Right ahead of me, they hit a roadblock, and sure enough, the lead kid executed a perfect spin as a lane opened up before glancing back at me.  I don't know if he's seen me do it and figured it was a good idea, or came to the conclusion of keeping it fun on his own, but it made my day and week.  Big grin

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Brooks saturation series. Limited edition shoes.I think I like multi-colored bright shoes, but maybe these will ease you into brighter shoes.

Sexy, especially the blue ones.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Good work, Jay!  Reminds me of running on Balboa Island with the crowds there, but somehow I don't think I could pull off the spin move.  I have fun doing little sprints to get around blocks, and trying to time them to holes opening up.

D^2 - hey!  Glad all is well.

Sly - Grass.  Hahahahahalol.

12.6 GA today felt easy, I think the post-marathon sluggish/achy crud is finally going away.

So on the indoor track, sometimes groups of slow/old/fat/all of the above will impede progress, as there are only 3 lanes.  I like to time a spin move to hit the gap as it opens.  Today, a bunch of kids, 10-12 years old maybe, were running.  Right ahead of me, they hit a roadblock, and sure enough, the lead kid executed a perfect spin as a lane opened up before glancing back at me.  I don't know if he's seen me do it and figured it was a good idea, or came to the conclusion of keeping it fun on his own, but it made my day and week.  Big grin

Cyberic

I feel your pain Jay about crowds on tracks. I hate this time of year with all the new year's resolutions, all these normal people take up walking, running, and they do it in groups on MY indoor track. Running intervals becomes complicated, and I do have to pull some moves sometimes, but I've never been copied by some kid. That must have been very cool, lol. Come march or april, the track should become runnable again. At least in my case it has in the past years.

Last evening in Seattle, went to the Tap House Grill again. Had 3 different Washington state IPAs. Don't remember their names, but they were all delicious. Yes, B+, you do get the credit for telling me bout that place. Big grin

workinprogress11

Warm up mile, 8x600 with 400 recovery, cool down mile. Once again it was an ugly bitch, but it's done.

LRB

Warm up mile, 8x600 with 400 recovery, cool down mile. Once again it was an ugly bitch, but it's done.

You are funny!

Your area sounds beautiful Blue!

DP would shoot himself in the head before wearing them shoes. lol

D2 I choose my LT pace (and all training paces) based on Daniels VDOT chart from my fastest race time.

My current VDOT is 55, attained during a mile race. I ran a 54 a month earlier during a 10k.

do not train faster or move up until I run a new VDOT during a race, which sometimes can be months as is the case now.

But you are in rarified air, so I should be taking tips from you. lol