Beginners and Beyond

Hurray for Friday Penguins!!! (Read 26 times)

Amazonian Princess

G'morning,

Just a quick check in since I'm packing up for a visit to my sister's:

• Happy Birthday, Docket!
    • scotty - I read yesterday's thread last night and your advice about different stages of running was fantastic! I'm keeping a copy to read whenever I feel like comparing myself to others. Thank you!
    • Hello to everyone else!

I saw a beginners run/walk program for completing a half marathon that had 3 days of run and run/walk and 3 days of cross training. Is that really enough to finish a half? I did six miles on Sunday, only walking when I had to wait for crosswalks and a few blocks at the end because I was Done but had to get back to the car Big grin It was long and slow but I think I can keep increasing the distance, especially if I have a goal for next Spring.

Have a great day!

I can. I will. I am. 

tracilynn

TGIF penguins.

I did 4.0 miles at sunrise this morning.  Didnt see much wildlife today, just some crows.  Harvest moon was still out though.

Off to do my chores!

Happy bday D and sorry to hear about your grandma

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Happy Birthday Damaris!

Bacon, 3 days might be okay, but 4 or 5 would be better.

Short work day, then leaving for the anniversary cabin stay, I hope they hay a porch swing!

tracilynn

To add to the conversation yesterday about comparing your self to others.... guess who I share the same runniversary date with??

Heidi (runmomtoboys)Dead yes mrs "places in the $$ marathon" phenom.

I mean the exact same day too!  HELLO!  She runs in 1 week what I do in  a month and a half!!!!  And does it twice as fast.  Big grin

~~~~~~~

Traci

SheCan

Morning penguins and other fast people who come here!

Docket's birthday?  Happy birthday sweetie pants!  Hope you have fun and get totally freaking spoiled!

PAD--- Haha@ the water falling.   Well, glad you're getting some.  I've heard it's a good thing.

kristin--- I will trust you on this one...

Zelanie-- good luck on your run tonight!

Scotty-- yesterday's run sounds challenging, especially in that heat.  Hopefully all this rain will cool it down in time for your race.  I couldn't help but think that you should dress up like Hong Kong Phooey.  You remember him?

HsM-- ohoh, good luck with picture day!

To add to the conversation yesterday about comparing your self to others.... guess who I share the same runniversary date with??

Heidi (runmomtoboys)Dead yes mrs "places in the $$ marathon" phenom.

I mean the exact same day too!  HELLO!  She runs in 1 week what I do in  a month and a half!!!!  And does it twice as fast.  Big grin

LOL, well, I don't anybody who's not a professional athlete could compare themselves to her.  She's kinda a freak of nature-- in a very good way that is.  We think you're pretty darned awesome yourself, Traci!

I am still on my rest streak.   I'm feeling lazy, but its still been nice.  Oddly enough, my legs still feel tired-- hmmm, phantom pains? Most probably, I'm just a little nuts.  Anyway, good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

It's a quick check in for me.  SRD for me today but we have a busy weekend ahead. In the morining I have an 18 mile run planned, then we are taking DS back to university in San Diego. Saturday evening older DD has an XC meet and Sunday morning younger DD, who is the swimmer, also has an XC meet. She has recently become interested in running so now she is doing both running and swimming. Smile

She Can: THANK YOU!!!!!  Smile

Docket: Have fun tonight and have a few drinks after your run. Happy Birthday!

Hi everyone and have a great weekend.

SheCan

Hi Pens...

It's a quick check in for me.  SRD for me today but we have a busy weekend ahead. In the morining I have an 18 mile run planned, then we are taking DS back to university in San Diego. Saturday evening older DD has an XC meet and Sunday morning younger DD, who is the swimmer, also has an XC meet. She has recently become interested in running so now she is doing both running and swimming. Smile

Ahhhh, Jack you're so sweet!  No problem at all, and you're welcome!

Enjoy your day off today, and good luck with that 18 miler tomorrow!  Boy your weekend is going to be busy!  Good luck to your kids in their events, too.  Man, you and your family have the most energy ever!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Hi Pens...

I am doing it the other way around. Drinks and then run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

I go for drinks then ... what ...?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

It's only for 6 miles, short stroll. Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Change it to six smiles and a spring roll, and I'm there!!  Wink

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

Ha!Big grin That's funny

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Mine and Gail's 'spooky' cats, lol, their eyes shining from the flash...  left to right....Lulu, P2, and Paisley...

photo Voodoocats_zps674c2c1a.jpg

They were all watching this guy  - the only male cat in the house - my big guy, Peanut, and waiting for him to move because they all like to sleep by my legs on that soft Redskins comforter.  One cat jumps down from it, another jumps up on it, lol.

photo Peanut_zpsf07f6acb.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Happy Birthday Damaris!  Hope you enjoy your evening drinks and run (and hopefully dinner after).

Jimmy - good job getting such an early start.

Bin - enjoy the races (I assume that's what F1 means?)  Hope you get a chance to run too.

Kristin - ouch.

Jerry - hope your workouts went well.

PAD - I'm hoping we'll get some rain this weekend.  It has been really dry here this summer.

Lauren - that is a very full schedule.  I hope your workout went well.

Z - I hope your long run went well.  Since you get off relatively early, I can definitely see running in the late afternoon if the weather is good.

Scotty - definitely spooky cats.  I hope you get to do your race tomorrow.  It sounds like a fun one.

HopesMom - hope you got to enjoy dressing up and primping a bit for the pix.

Bacon - have fun visiting your sister.

Traci - good job getting your dawn run done.  I have enjoyed the moon at midnight.  I rarely see it in the a.m.

Mitch - that's a nice way to spend your anniversary, being a porch potato.  Have a good weekend.

Cherie - enjoy your rest and relaxation.

Jack - your weekend sounds exhausting.  I'm always amazed at how you can be such an involved dad, and still find the time to run.

AFM:  I ran 3 miles down by the college.   It felt a bit easier than my last outdoor run, since it was mostly flat.  Afterwards I hurt a lot more than I expected, given how little it hurt while I was running.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Scotty: nice cats! Smile

Ginny: thanks for the kind words. It helps to have a cool DW and when I don't have the time I make it. Tomorrow I am up at 4:45 for my LR and the funny thing is, I'm actually looking forward to it! Strange, that...