Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Quincy gets to go to the vet today. Not sick anymore but his poor butt is raw. I think he has an infection. Poor guy. He knows he shouldn't lick it and is trying but I know it itches like mad. He is miserable.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Poor baby.

I got my full marathon plan.  It's going to hurt.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Doug - Hopefully something happens for you very soon for a smooth transition between jobs so you won't be laid off for long.  The company you are interviewing with now by Midway airport, is it for the same thing you do currently?

It will be similar.  The office is a smaller repair shop in the bigger picture of their entire infrastructure so it carries the big stick of a global company even though there are less than 30 in the shop and office there.  I am used to dealing with millions of dollars on a single project and last year this shop did about 1.2 million in repairs for the whole year.  I refrained from bragging that we do that in a few weeks sometimes.

Marjorie, perhaps the cone of shame is in order for Quincy.

Damaris, make it hurt so good.

Doug, hope the Interview goes well.

Mary, are you still running?

Did another 2 hours of trail maintenance this morning, cleaning out a mile of single track with my weedeater and loppers.  Little by little, we're getting it cleaned out again.  And now off to the pool for some R&R, then back on the night shift at midnight.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

hrmph it isn't infected.  So he got a nice old big cortisone shot and a spray to help the itch.  They have no idea what the hell is wrong with him.

Van the cone----well, he can get out of it so it doesn't help......

Marjorie

Running_Coder

Van - Yep, here and there.  It's a challenge at times handling the house, yard, and everything by myself.  I was busy with getting the house ready to sell with repainting, etc. but we decided to stay so now I'm busy keeping up with the yard and landscape and planting new flowers.  I am maintaining at least a 5K distance so I can sign up for one if I see one that interests me.  Other than that I have nothing to train for to  motivate me...I hate to race alone.  Undecided   Since St. Louis isn't too far for me and I have running friends there, we coordinate to meet up and run 5K's.  Once I'm back to living with Neil next year I know I'll get back to longer distance races.  Smile

Wandering Wally

Howdy all!  I had a donut today.  Yum!

Mary - Hi!  So glad you found us.

Van - Sounds like you need a Brush Hog.  Major kudos for getting out there and doing some trail maintenance.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

Hope they find out what is ailing him.

hrmph it isn't infected.  So he got a nice old big cortisone shot and a spray to help the itch.  They have no idea what the hell is wrong with him.

Van the cone----well, he can get out of it so it doesn't help......

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hope they find out what is ailing him.

Me too. Until then he will walk around with his baboon looking butt. Hope the shot and spray help. I just sprayed it before dinner  Maybe it looks a little better.

Marjorie

Mary, I'm sure it's tough.  You're doing it though!  Smile

Marjorie, hope the spray helps.

Mike, donuts, mmm mmm goood.

Damaris, I'm guessing you don't have any long races for awhile.

Docket_Rocket

No Cry

Mary, I'm sure it's tough.  You're doing it though!  Smile

Marjorie, hope the spray helps.

Mike, donuts, mmm mmm goood.

Damaris, I'm guessing you don't have any long races for awhile.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Crew_Dawg

Shit, I been gone a long time again.  Sorry, training has been a mother lately but now it's almost over.  In 3 weeks I will be one of the nation's most lethal weapons operator Smile

Running wise, I haven't done anything to brag about.  It's been hard keeping 20 miles a week lately.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Hi Neil!

Relentless forward progress

Both a Mary and Neil sighting in the same week?  Wow!

Long night shift here, ready for Zzzzzzs in a few minutes.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, Neil!

Hi, Van!

My stomach and asthma want to kill me.  Help!

Damaris

Fundraising Page