Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES Are Stayin' Alive (Read 64 times)

emo-yes WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! emo-yes

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RWOL). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Good Sunday morning from Jerusalem, everyone!

It's a little after 7:00 a.m. here. I awoke about half an hour ago, dropped, did thirty push-ups, and, then, did my ab work. Now, I'm relaxing with a cup of tea, trying to decide what to do next. Should I go out for an easy run of two or three miles, then return to the apartment and shower before heading out to breakfast? Or should I make today a RD and just shower, resuming regular workouts with weights and cardio Tuesday morning? Oy, the decisions.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Basya I love that you do 30 push ups and ab work as soon as you wake up!

My alarm just went off. I feel like I barely slept UGH.... need to be out the door for my race in an hour and 15 mins.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Good luck, kristin10185!!!!!!!

Morning all.

Ugh. Did not check in yesterday as I was busy lying on the couch wallowing in my own misery. I don't know what I have come down with, but I feel like I got hit by a truck (or just ran a marathon). This better improve soon. Looking at a 3rd straight URD today.

Basya, whatever you decide to do, hope you enjoy your day in an amazing city.

Kristin, good luck today.

Dave

Ugh, DaveP MI, that sucks. I hope that you feel well soon.

I've decided to make today another RD, while much less sore, I think it would be best to take sit easy. Walking has helped. I'm walking down stairs less awkwardly. I'll resume regular exercise Tuesday morning.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am off to the trails to do some miles with the ultra group.  This is the technical trail where I've done those HMs before and I always end up twisted, scratched, and hurtie.  Good luck me.

Basya, sounds like you have many options.  Have fun with either and have a nice RD.

Kristin, good luck on your race.

Dave, feel better!

April, I hope you can move your arms after the pushup challenge I gave you.  I've never done 160 pushups (real ones) so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to move my arms either.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Supp!

First thing I did when my eyes opened was check weather scan.  It is 22 degrees with winds of 15 MPH...I'll wait!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! RD for me but I'll probably get out for a couple easy  miles to continue my streak. I'm taking a field trip to Trader Joe's today. It's about an hour each way so my RP and I try to get out there about once a month.

Basya, enjoy the RD and sight-seeing. I can't wait to see pictures.

Kristin, GOOD LUCK!!!! I'm so excited for you!

Dave, feel better.

Damaris, surprisingly I don't feel bad! Of course, all 100 were done on my knees. I figure I'll start incorporating full pushups once I can do 50 girly ones at once. Smile Enjoy your trails.

Rick, enjoy your run later. Hope it warms up for you.

BruceD555

BasyaSpiliakos- I admire your dedication to always start your day with those push-ups and ab work - great job! Personally, I've taken 2 days off after a marathon...and some folks take a full week before resuming running. Just be sure to take that first run nice and easy and keep it really short.

kristin10185- Have a great race!

DaveP MI- Sorry to hear you're still feeling lousy and it means another URD.

Docket_Rocket- Ughhh ... enjoy that trail run today. All I can say is I'm glad it's you and not me...all this running on snow & ice is getting old and my ankles wouldn't appreciate a trail run one little bit.

I have a MLR on tap for later on today after church and I'll probably do 15-ish miles or so. My running partners did their long run yesterday morning so I'll probably go solo today which will mean I'll probably run it faster than I should.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

BasyaSpiliakos- Personally, I've taken 2 days off after a marathon...and some folks take a full week before resuming running. Just be sure to take that first run nice and easy and keep it really short.

I took 10 days off after my first, and 6 days off after my second.  There was no scientific reason for either, it was just the length of break I thought would work for me.

happylily

Good morning!

Basya, if it were me, after a marathon, and while on vacation, I take the first days off and I run a few runs at the end of the week. I never do more than 10-20 miles. Enjoy your day in beautiful Israel!

Kristin, good luck and have fun!

Dave, poor you! Feel better soon!

Damaris, be careful out there. But I'm sure you'll have great fun!

Rick, is it supposed to get warmer? I'm sending you our Spring temps!

April, enjoy Trader Joe (what's Trader Joe?) and long live the streak!

Bruce, have a good miler and enjoy combing the streets of a new area!

22 miles LR for me in about one hour. Have a great day everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Rick, is it supposed to get warmer? I'm sending you our Spring temps!

I see a 40 in the forecast for Thursday, which uncharacteristically, is a temperature we have not had for nearly two months.  We almost always get a week or two here and there in the 40's throughout winter, but that has not been the case this year.

Ball of Fury

Headed out for my 10-miler....and seriously, as soon as I put on my shoes, it started snowing...again!!  26 degrees and feels like 20...awesome!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

I'll be home in about 4 hours, traveling from southern Indiana from a lil spelunking adventure. Crawling thru mud and water with 18" of clearance  my entire body aches.

. Hope to get 6 miles late this afternoon.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott