Beginners and Beyond

Reykjavik Marathon and Trip RR (Read 41 times)

Docket_Rocket

Great job and nice trip. I didn't think I've be gone that long but I don't remember yo needing or having surgery!

Man, you've been away for a while!  I had a car accident just before Christmas when a douche T-boned me.  That ended up with a meniscus tear and surgery on January 31.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Nice job!! Iceland looks beautiful. Glad the knee held up

Thanks.  Great job on your 20 today!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Man, you've been away for a while!  I had a car accident just before Christmas when a douche T-boned me.  That ended up with a meniscus tear and surgery on January 31.

Somehow I missed that I guess. I got T-Boned Sunday. No injuries.

Congrats on feeling so strong post-surgery. Sounds like you're back.

Reykjavik sounds awesome, I've always thought it'd be a cool place to visit.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Somehow I missed that I guess. I got T-Boned Sunday. No injuries.

Hope so!  Mine didn't start until a week after (except my neck which had whiplash).  Still dealing with some of that every so often.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on feeling so strong post-surgery. Sounds like you're back.

Reykjavik sounds awesome, I've always thought it'd be a cool place to visit.

Thanks!  It is a great place. The people too.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Hey D, I'm glad your marathon went so well. Congrats on keeping going forward whatever life throws at you.

Iceland was tempting me until a friend of mine went this summer and told me the price of food. I travel with my family and I think I'd have a heart attack, at every meal. But glad you enjoyed it.

Great RR too!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice photos!  Glad your knee behaved and congrats on a great marathon for you!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt