Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILY Penguins...Play Ball !!!! (Read 28 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi pens. Posting from the phone is no good. DW and I ran 6 and change with 4 mile intervals.

Last night we watched Gravity and Nebraska. Both were very good.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Went a little crazy with the photo-taking at my 5K on Saturday..but it was at SeaWorld so there was a lot to Sea...errr...see...   Link to the photos and report is here:  https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/7cdc40e987d44a81b5849241fd5753cf#focus

Sunday:  I went to downtown San Antonio this morning and ended up with 4 miles on the Riverwalk.  It was a beautiful day along the river, sunny, low temp (62 degrees when I started at 9 a.m.), low humidity and a gentle breeze blowing which felt great when I ran into it head on.  Sunday is a great day to run the Riverwalk because it is very peaceful in the morning, most of the 'tourists" sleep in late and the place does not get really busy until about lunchtime.  There were a few folks up early eating breakfast at some of the river patio restaurants I passed by on my run/walk.  The back half of the run near King William District was a bit crowded though, because I forgot the last Sunday of the month in San Antonio is Siclovia Day (Sick-low-vee-ah).  This is a day once a month when the city closes one of the city streets to all motor vehicle for quite a ways and lets people come out and walk, bike, hike, run, rollerblade, etc. on the closed street.  It's part of the city's program to get more people to engage in some type of physical activity to promote health and wellness. The street today was St. Mary's Street downtown and as that is quite close to the Riverwalk, there was some 'overflow" pedestrian traffic from Siclovia onto part of the Riverwalk.  But that's okay, it was all good, my outing was very enjoyable.  Lots of runners out too - some who recognized me from races and I got calls of "Go Scottydog!" lol - and my last mile I encountered a friend  who was doing his last mile too and had a very nice time chatting with him as we ran our last mile together.    After we finished, we sat on the patio of Blue Star Brewery - a local microbrewery that makes a really good lager - and had a cold one - so what if it was only 10 am.? ) -  cooling down, enjoying the sunshine and the river in front of us, and watching the other runners, walkers, and cyclists still out there.  Nice way to finish up!

Today is a non-running day.  Thinking about maybe doing weights after work, but I'm getting pretty lazy about it right now, may just go home after work.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Must be nice to be able to rest at work, Jerry!  What do you do for work anyway?

Happy gym workout PAD!

Weights before or after that run, Damaris?  Personally, I do mine after the run if I choose to do weights on a running day.

Way to go on the quick 2+, Robert.

Hope your appointment went well, Mitch!

You have a service engineer, HsM?  That must be nice..which engineer parts of you does he service?   Hope you can get your walk in, sounds like you might need it!

Happy 5 after work, Zelanie.  Did Mia get a toy to play with?

Play ball, indeed...everyone is still in pennant contention today.  Yeah, Margo...the one day of the year my Cubbies are tied with everyone.    Cool and blustery can feel quite good if you're out there really pushing it. Good luck!

Happy miles for you StoneFence!

Hope the hilly route went well for you, Eats Food, and hope the coffee didn't make you have to pee while you were out there.   Coffee....blech! Well, if you did have to pee, at least you could go behind a hill, right?

Congrats on the miles and intervals, Jack!  Dang, Gravity AND Nebraska?  Movie marathon!

Dang, Awood..I am very sorry to hear about your back!  As one who deals with the back thing every freakin' day I would not wish back problems on anyone.  Hope your problem is one that is a quick fix!

With a 'bunch of little hills"...lol, Lauren.  How many hills is a bunch.  How many bunches = a group?   Hope your hillwork went well!

Docket_Rocket

Scotty, I have actually done both, but if it's too hot to run when I get home, the weights will have to come first.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

19 really slow miles.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

Visit with the surgeon went very well. He told me to keep getting my colonoscopy on a yearly basis from GI doctor. I will need to go back to the surgeon in 1 year. I still have a restriction in my small intestine that will be monitored by the GI doc, and as long as he can treat with meds, no need for surgery. Woohoo!!

6 days till me and Awood get to meet and run the Whiskey Hill.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Visit with the surgeon went very well. He told me to keep getting my colonoscopy on a yearly basis from GI doctor. I will need to go back to the surgeon in 1 year. I still have a restriction in my small intestine that will be monitored by the GI doc, and as long as he can treat with meds, no need for surgery. Woohoo!!

Great news, Mitch.  Hope Awood's back is straightened out for the race.

Margo, good luck to Ryno, one of my favorite Cubs.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, every year a colonoscopy, what fun!   And I thought I had it bad with my every 5 years plan.

So mostly good news for you, Mitch, thankfully!

Docket_Rocket

Great news, Mitch!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Jerry - it's hard not to run when the weather is inviting.  Hope you had a nice rest day at work too.

Stonefence - so what did you end up doing today?  I hope it did warm up up north.

PADRunner - good luck with the running plus workout.

Damaris - hope the recovery miles went well.

Robert - good job getting in the miles early.

Mitch - good news from the doctor.  After last year, when the found the obstruction, I imagine you have been a bit worried.

HM - I hope you got a good walk today, and that you were able to get your equipment fixed, one way or another.

Z - I hope the 5 went well for you.  No rain today?

Margo - definitely a nice day for running, especially after all the rain this weekend.

Awood - sorry about the back.  What did you do?

Baconista - sounds like a fun evening, for those of you with talent.  I'd enjoy the wine anyway.

Lauren - good job getting in a lot of hills.  Was it fun?

EatsFood - another hilly run.  Hope it was a good one.

Jack - that was a lot of intervals.  Any pain?

Scotty - I hope you enjoyed your rest day.  After your busy weekend, you earned it.

Cherie - are you preparing for another long race?  Slow is good, especially at that distance.

AFM:  We had a beautiful day here, almost 60 and sunny, so DH and I took Ben for a hike on the AT.  After all the rain the past few days, our feet got very wet on the stream crossings, but it was fun. Still a little snow from yesterday, but not enough to make walking difficult.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hog: Smile

ginny: no pain!