Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins are debatable! (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Did anyone stay up to watch the debate last night?  Once I found out it came on at 9:00, I decided sleep was more important.  Wandering through FB today, it seems that everyone thought their candidate won, which isn't too surprising.  I think it's basically that line from Mrs. Robinson (Simon and Garfunkel)  "Laugh about it, shout about it when you've got to choose.  Any way you look at it you lose."

Anyway, SRD today, quartet rehearsal tonight.  Woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

Morning, 4 done and maybe group tonight.

I didn't waste time watching.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hey Pens!

I'm back in my apartment in NYC.  I'm dropping off my dog to the groomer and then doing a short run before getting back to packing.  I got the painting that I needed to get done at the house.  Namely I got my husband's office/the guest room painted.  It is so nice not to have to live with all white walls :-)  Our current bed will go into the guest room and we're going to upgrade to a king sized bed!  Oh baby. :-D

Moving day is Thursday... then I'll get back to running regularly. (I hope!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Pretty!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I didn't stay up to watch the debate because that's our dinner time, so we were just up.   We saw it.  It was pretty clear who won?  I would go with the character that spoke in coherent sentences.

I have 7 miles and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

I would go with the character that spoke in coherent sentences.

I have 7 miles and weights tonight.

Bwah hah hah!!

GinnyinPA

Jill - good luck with the move.  Are you using a moving company or doing it yourself?  Nice job on the painting.

HopesMom - have fun with the quartet tonight.  I didn't watch either. I can't stand either candidate.

PAD - have fun with your double today.

D - good luck with the seven this evening.

AFM:  Beautiful day and I'd like to be out there running, but I want to do the Beer Runner run tonight so I'll wait. We enjoyed our morning walk anyhow.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Jill - good luck with the move.  Are you using a moving company or doing it yourself?  Nice job on the painting.

HopesMom - have fun with the quartet tonight.  I didn't watch either. I can't stand either candidate.

PAD - have fun with your double today.

D - good luck with the seven this evening.

AFM:  Beautiful day and I'd like to be out there running, but I want to do the Beer Runner run tonight so I'll wait. We enjoyed our morning walk anyhow.

Moving company.  I have no desire to drive a big uhaul through NYC on my own.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Smart lady!!

Docket_Rocket

I wouldn't either!

Hi, Ginny, PAD!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hi folks!  I picked up an extra WW shift last night.  Meeting was dead due to the debates but still went well.  Then I ran with the dogs.

It appears that my team made it in to the playoffs as the 16th seed. :P  So, I ran today.  Maybe.  Or maybe not.