Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES Are Riding That Hump Like <insert phrase o'choice here> (Read 56 times)

@runjerseygirl

Ran this morning and rest day tomorrow, so I decided to trash the legs today.  Weighted squats, deadlifts, adductors, abductors, glute kick backs, extensions, curls, presses, more deadlifts.  Might not be able to walk tomorrow, but my ass will look fantastic!

Do you even run?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi everybody.  I ran a progression run this morning, 12.36 miles total.  The first 6 miles were easy, then the last 6 were at a 6:56 average.  Considering that I was following up yesterday's tough run, I was really happy with how well my legs were moving today.

Tonight will be 5 easy miles with the running group, which I always look forward to.  I only get one meal today because it's Ash Wednesday, so I'm trying to hold off for a little while, even though I'm starving!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Soooooo, I may have run the last 70 miles or so with a broken leg (yes, I'm being melodramatic lol).  Remember that pipe I stepped in about a week and a half ago?  Well, I'm still getting pain and swelling, so I went to the doctor today, and from the initial look at the xrays she thinks there's a fracture on both the tibia and fibula.  They sent it off to a radioligist for confirmation.  So no running until I hear back, yay.  Sad

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Nooo!  I hope it's not that serious.  Thoughts your way!

Ran this morning and rest day tomorrow, so I decided to trash the legs today.  Weighted squats, deadlifts, adductors, abductors, glute kick backs, extensions, curls, presses, more deadlifts.  Might not be able to walk tomorrow, but my ass will look fantastic!

I am sure your ass could not possibly look more fantastic.

Ugh, planned lunchtime run today, but my meeting scheduled to go to 11:30 went to 12:45. I hate when my job gets in the way of my running. If only I didn't have to, oh, support a family. Hopefully I can sneak out in time to run this evening.

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I am sure your ass could not possibly look more fantastic.

Ugh, planned lunchtime run today, but my meeting scheduled to go to 11:30 went to 12:45. I hate when my job gets in the way of my running. If only I didn't have to, oh, support a family. Hopefully I can sneak out in time to run this evening.

Eh, I say ditch 'em lol

Kay...I think I'd tear something if I tried all that!

LRB

Did 10 miles this morning. Felt tired. Don't know if it's from the pollen, the humidity or if I'm just worn out. Unlike Gustav, I didn't get revitalized from my run. I'm just glad it's over. 

I had one of those too recently.  Hopefully your next run will be better.

Kay, glad to hear about your run, and a decent length one too.

Jay, and it would've been nice to hear a pop!  Luckily I was on my last rep, I'll hop on the other one tomorrow just in case.

Good call Boon.  I don't screw around with those things much either.

D2nd, hoping for the best!

Supp, Basya, April, Shari, Gus, Spark, Jedi, Kris w/ #'s, Lilac, Bruce, Scott T, Real Deal, Ami, Sarah, OOTB, RWC, Free, Beth, X, SIAR and the rest of you lurkers, get in here and post!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I did post Joking.... I think

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Lrb...are those strides at 5m/m pace?  I'm pretty sure I'd land flat on my face (or worse, through a wall) if I tried to set the TM to that pace.  Impressive stuff.

LRB

Lrb...are those strides at 5m/m pace?  I'm pretty sure I'd land flat on my face (or worse, through a wall) if I tried to set the TM to that pace.  Impressive stuff.

The machine tops out at 12 mph, which claims it's a 5:00 pace.  I do not know how accurate that is, so I take it all with a grain of salt.  I am not interested in calibrating the belt or any of that, just hoping to be done with the stupid thing once and for all in the next month or so.

Whatever pace it is, it has gotten easier over the past two weeks.  Not easier perse, just not as hard.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Ugh, Dave, I'm sorry. Sad Keep us posted. Sending good vibes your way.

Just B.S.

Supp, Basya, April, Shari, Gus, Spark, Jedi, Kris w/ #'s, Lilac, Bruce, Scott T, Real Deal, Ami, Sarah, OOTB, RWC, Free, Beth, X, SIAR and the rest of you lurkers, get in here and post!

But I did today!!! You missed it!

Been spending more time in the water than on land recently and super busy the last 2 days.

And I gotta tell ya that swimming thing is way more tiring than running but I'm up to

1/3 of a mile now!LOL

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

Kay, I can't get the image of a fantastic backside out of my head. Not that I'm trying to anyway....

Dave,hope that you don't have any fractures.

Just completed 475 miles, driving, of course. I'm down in Jacksonville visiting the family for a few. No run today, but I intend to head out and run a few tomorrow. Might take the dog for a walk later this evening, though.

The new car performed very well. Comfortable, mileage is starting to improve, and it goes like a scalded dog when you put the hammer down! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Ball of Fury

I posted too but here is a nice update for ya:  got off work early and instead of coming home to do Shoulders and Arms, we took DD out for birthday lunch.  She chose BW3s so of course, I had to have beer and now I have wine, so I guess it's just a plain old rest day for me!

Dto2nd:  hoping for good news for you!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Shirfan, enjoy the fifteen. Please post how you like the DS Trainer. That's one shoe I didn't try at the LRS this week.

outoftheblue, have a refreshing three-miler. Good luck on Saturday!

Baboon, yay for being ready to stop the drugs!

Dave, ouch!

FreeSoul87, have fun with your tempo run tonight.

Beth, I'm proud of the progress you're making in the pool. Enjoy the ten-miler.

KayPS, great leg workout!

SIAR, wonderful 12.63. I hope that doubling later goes well.

DaveP MI, I hope you manage to run later.

AmiK, what a nice time with DD!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your run, Step.   Glad you didn't get run over by the deer.

Enjoy happy hour with your friends, Damaris!

Happy birthday to your DD, Amik!  Here you go..you and she can make a virtual birthday cake..

http://www.123greetings.com/birthday/balloons/balloons2.html

Nice running, LRB..you broke the treadmill!

Way to persevere, Pinktastic, and get yourself out for that run!

Dang, Jedi, I don't think I can do an  8-something pace even in my dreams, lol.

And how'd the passport photo turn out, Basya? Those photos are often like your driver's license photos, lol. "Wait..I look like THAT?" Joking

Happy taper madness now, outoftheblue!  I bet you will do just fine for your HM.

Sorry about the knee still hurting, Phil. Percocet?  So all your movies are 'in color" when you take that stuff, right?  Wink  Phil, go to a health store and get some Arnica, it is a 'natural' pain reliever.  You can get it in capsules or a lotion to rub right on the leg.  See if that will give you some relief.  I used it to good effect after a couple of my knee surgeries.

Dang, Dave, you are Superman, being able to run 70 miles on that leg!  Sorry for your news, that sucks.  Sorry to hear you too, Traci, are injured.  Hmmm, maybe both of you can get together and do some 3-legged walking, since you have two good legs between you. Wink  Wishing you both a speedy recovery!

Good luck with the run, FreeSoul!  Neither snow nor sleet nor slush....can you deliver mail while running too?  Wink

Just B.S., you are turning into Esther Williams!  If you know who that is, lol, I am aging myself here. Congrats on your pool progress!

Kay, what do you mean "WILL look"....you are already there, lady!  Big grin  Congrats on your intense leg-trashing workout.

Enjoy the group run, So I'm A Runner.  One meal...where do you get the energy to run with just one meal?

Hope you get your run in today/tonite sometime, Dave!

and it goes like a scalded dog   Gee, Tom, thanks for putting THAT image into my head! Joking   Are you on a driving tour/vacation or something?  Safe traveling!  Hope you are able to get a few runs in along the way.

Shirfan, hope the run went well and the shoes worked great for you.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt