Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 36 times)

workinprogress11

When does your half marathon training start?

I'm actually going to start marathon training the first week of February and if I hold up decently, decide shortly before the race if I'm going to do the half or the full. Luckily with this race it's possible for me to sign up at the last minute so I don't have to decide right now.

I'm actually going to start marathon training the first week of February and if I hold up decently, decide shortly before the race if I'm going to do the half or the full. Luckily with this race it's possible for me to sign up at the last minute so I don't have to decide right now.

Which race?

Dave

workinprogress11

Which race?

Illinois Marathon in Champaign, IL.

My alma mater. 

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

They do a good job with it - but get your hotel reservations soon if you want to be close to the start. If you aren't local, it is also worthwhile to get the pass to shower in the rec center - very nice locker rooms. I enjoyed the race last year when I ran it to add Illinois to my list of states.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

workinprogress11

They do a good job with it - but get your hotel reservations soon if you want to be close to the start. If you aren't local, it is also worthwhile to get the pass to shower in the rec center - very nice locker rooms. I enjoyed the race last year when I ran it to add Illinois to my list of states.

Thanks. This is definitely good advice for out of towners. I lived there until October of this year and have tons of friends I can stay with, or, if my house hasn't sold by then, I can just stay there.  Sigh...