Beginners and Beyond

Tortilla Chips Tuesday Penguins! (Read 20 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: Yes, I elevate it when I ice it. We'll see. I am going to go super easy on the track so it's a level surface or I might venture onto the sidewalk.

Brilliant

Brilliant - and that's why I don't run with the local running club.  I hate early morning wake-ups, and generally only do it on race day.  There are some groups I know about who run evenings, so when it warms up and the sun is shining later, I may join them, but I don't do the 6:00 or 7:00 runs.

Ginny, I get up early every day to run, not just with the club.  For some reason I feel like I need to get the run done, even though our weather here is nice enough that I could do afternoon runs most of the time.  Conventional wisdom says that people who work out early stick with their program better, and I guess I'm one of those!  But sometimes that early morning wake up gets me, grr.

Have a good date with your TM!

PADRunner

Morning/afternoon/evening...

Been up all night doing an upgrade at work. Need to get 3 done in some form still. May be a urd.

Amazonian Princess

Hola, Penguins!

Tortilla chip Tuesday sounds good to me, it oughta be weekly

It's been crazier than usual at work; I had to fire an employee last week and the staff reactions are all over the board from literally a pat on the back to others turning their backs on me. Hoping it will settle down soon.

Not as much running lately as I would like, kind of slipped back into 3x a week and just a few miles each time. With the time change coming, hopefully I can go back to running before work - and occasionally buying donuts on the way in!

Working out with the trainer tonight and can't wait to see what she has planned. Last week it was 18" pylometric box jumps and  walking lunges with a sand bag on my shoulders. Hmmm, maybe I should Google Spartan Race instead of duathlon for my next event?

I can. I will. I am. 

Docket_Rocket

Late check-in!  Spent most of the day taking care of my friend who was having minor surgery.  I ran 6 after Pilates class.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Bacon, that sounds rough, hope it settles down soon.  My work feels super stressful at the moment too, which makes running that much more important.

D- Hope your friend is recovering well!

Back to my Tuesday track routine.  It was supposed to be 4 x 1200, but I got out of sync with my RP, so I ended up running 1200, 1600, 1200, and then the last 800 by myself.  10 miles total.